Augsburg Online Semester Payment Plan
All students are eligible to enroll in a monthly payment plan to bridge any gaps between financial aid and their educational expenses. It is important to read and understand the terms and conditions before you sign up for the plan. While on the plan, no interest will accrue on your unpaid balance, but there is a non-refundable $30 enrollment fee for each term that you sign up for the payment plan. To enroll, log into your Student Account. Parents who have been given third party access to their student’s account can also sign up for a payment plan. Some important things to note:
- You must re-enroll in our online payment plans each term; you will not be automatically re-enrolled. Enrollment opens after the first statement of an upcoming term is available.
- The fall and spring term plans are five payments over five months. If you enroll late, however, whatever amount owed will be divided by the number of months remaining on the plan.
- Email notifications will be sent five days before payment is due; payment reminders are sent out, as well, during the first few days of each month even if you have already submitted payment. (If you have submitted payment, these reminders may be ignored.)
- Be sure to monitor your account for any balance changes; your monthly payment amount could be higher or lower than expected due to new charges or credits placed on your account (for example: bookstore charges, library fines, or refunded tuition).
- Any payments more than four days late or for less than the amount due will result in a $20 Late Payment Fee. A hold will also be placed on your account that will prevent registration and the releasing of transcripts.
- Automatic payments are an option, but are not required. If automatic payments are chosen, it’s especially important that you monitor your account closely: Augsburg staff are unable to refund/reverse online payments that end up being larger than expected. Also, to reduce your risk of unexpected automatic payment amounts, please do not attempt to alternate automatic payments with ones manually made either online, in-person, or by mail.
Employer Tuition Reimbursement Payment Plan
The Employer Reimbursement payment plan is for students whose employers will reimburse some or all of their tuition upon satisfactory completion of the course. Students must pay a non-refundable $30 enrollment fee at the time of signing up for the Employer Reimbursement payment plan, but then will face no further late fees or penalties until after final payment is due, sixty days after the end of the term. Students are required to enroll each term they want to use the benefit. Enrollment opens after the first statement of an upcoming term is available. To enroll, log into your Student Account
- Important note: participants in Augsburg’s Partnership program do not have to enroll in the Employer Reimbursement plan online. They will automatically be given the same grace as those who sign up online without having to be formally enrolled.
Third Party Payment Plan
Students whose educational expenses are paid directly to Augsburg by a third party, such as Vocational Rehabilitation Services, work readiness programs, or other outside educational assistance programs, should bring documentation (invoice/authorization) showing the expected payment to the Student Financial Services office. Any amount that will not be covered by the agency will be due by the first day of class each term or can be set up on the Augsburg Payment Plan. Full payment by the third party agency is due 60 days from the start of the term. There is no need to sign up for the Third Party Payment Plan online; students are automatically given the 60-day grace period once we receive an authorization to invoice from a third-party payment provider.
- Steps for Students to set up third party billing
- FAQ for Students
- FAQ for outside Third Party agencies
Military Payment Plan
Students whose educational expenses are paid by the VA or other military organization directly to Augsburg to cover full or partial tuition costs, should bring in documentation to the Enrollment Center showing the payment that is expected. Any amount that is not covered by military benefits will be due by the first day of class each term or can be set up on the Augsburg Payment Plan. Full payment by the military organization is due 60 days from the start of the term. There is no need to sign up for the Military Payment Plan online; students are automatically given the 60-day grace period once we receive notification that they are receiving VA or other military benefits. For more information about the different military benefits visit the Augsburg Military Support website.