The StepUP Program at Augsburg University strives to help students champion lives of recovery, achieve academic success, and thrive in a community of accountability and support.
- One of the oldest and largest residential collegiate recovery programs in the United States accompanied with sober living
- Unique for addressing both mental health and addiction recovery
- Built on evidence-based research and proven techniques that emphasize recovery based on the stages of change and the abstinence model
- Where students in recovery fully engage in the Augsburg experience, including study abroad, varsity athletics, student government, and research
- Led by experienced, highly trained staff and licensed counselors
- A place to make friends and thrive in a sober social scene and a sober living college experience
What students are saying...
"StepUP has helped me develop day to day with recovery while also attending school. It has helped me make better decisions in my life and develop friendships I will have for years."
- Noah F.
"Joining StepUP was the best decision I have made in my sobriety. The program has given me an opportunity to excel at the college level while being surrounded by peers and counselors who want to see me succeed."
- Andrew W.
Specializing in addiction related issues dedicated to supporting each student in their recovery.
- Weekly one on one sessions with a licensed addictions counselor for ongoing recovery support
- Referrals and recommendations while in StepUP
- Ongoing case management for students overall mental health
- Family support and ongoing work when appropriate
- Conducts random drug screens
COMMUNITY OF SUPPORT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- On campus recovery meetings
- Monthly gatherings
- Leadership group
- Peer support on campus
- Service work
- Ongoing Alumni support after leaving Augsburg
- Oren Gateway Center is a contemporary residence hall that includes individual rooms, flats, and apartments. Each space sharing a common area with a kitchen, living room and onsite laundry included in housing cost.
- Students enjoy the convenience of a cafe, Barnes & Noble bookstore, meeting rooms, study spaces, and even a meditation room-all located in their residence hall.