If you’re interested in enrolling in the Augsburg University StepUP Program, you must apply to both Augsburg University and the StepUP Program individually.
Augsburg University admission requirements
Selection of students for Augsburg University is based on careful consideration of each candidate’s academic achievement, personal qualities and interests, participation in activities and employment, and potential for development as a student and graduate of Augsburg University.
Admissions staff at Augsburg University look at the total picture, including individual student’s circumstances. Augsburg is best suited for the well-rounded individual who has an inquiring mind and the motivation to learn.
The university selects students on individual merit without regard to race, creed, disability, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
Augsburg University StepUP Program Admission Requirements
The StepUP Program seeks prospective students who are dedicated to collegiate recovery and academics and meet the following qualifications:
- Currently applying to or enrolled at Augsburg University
- A commitment to sobriety as evidenced by working a healthy recovery program
- A commitment to an abstinence-based recovery program outside of StepUP
- Agree to abide by the StepUP Student Agreement
Students residing in our on-campus sober living community of Oren Gateway Center should have at least 6 months of continuous sobriety prior to their move-in date.
If you meet the above qualifications, submit the following:
- A completed StepUP application form
- Two letters of recommendation from your most recent treatment or halfway house counselor, therapist, or person intimately familiar with your recovery program, outlining the recommended continuing care plan. You can find the recommendation form below.
- A discharge summary from your most recent treatment program or aftercare program, if applicable. Many institutions fax over any records you need.
Once you have submitted your application, letters of recommendation, and discharge summary, you will need to schedule an in-person screening interview with a StepUP counselor.
Please review all of the program requirements prior to submitting your application.
- StepUP application PDF
- Recommendation PDF form (2 needed)
- Student agreement form – Completed at StepUP orientation. You do not need to send this now, but review it prior to orientation.
The StepUP application form, recommendation forms, and discharge summary may be submitted via fax, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail, or in person.
Office Location: Oren Gateway Center 204
Mailing Address: Campus Box 82, 2211 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55454
St. Thomas students
Apply for the StepUP program using the St. Thomas StepUP application.
For any general questions about the application process, call (612) 330-1405 or email email@example.com.