Augsburg University offers a comprehensive set of programs for nurses (RN) who want to advance their careers. All the nursing programs focus on serving the needs of diverse populations at home, away, and abroad. Classes are offered at Minneapolis and Rochester campus locations (online and in-person). The Nurse Practitioner certification (AANP/ANCC) pass rates range from 94-100% over the last five years.
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing Major (BSN completion) – The BSN Completion program is designed for registered nurses (RN) who want to increase their opportunities in the healthcare field by completing their BSN.
- Master of Arts in Nursing – The MA in Nursing prepares in-career nurses (RN) with an emphasis in transformational leadership or transcultural nursing in the community.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (Family Nurse Practitioner) – The DNP – Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) track is a post-BSN Doctor of Nursing Practice focused on nursing leadership and integrative primary care of families.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (Transcultural Nursing Leadership) – The DNP – Transcultural Nursing Leadership (TCN) track is a post-masters in nursing program with an emphasis in transcultural nursing leadership.
Please watch this video to meet some of our current and founding nursing faculty members!
INCLUSION EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (Graduate Programs)
Aimed to reduce financial barriers to graduate education for BIPOC identifying students, historically under-represented students, first generation college students, and/or those with the greatest financial need.
Open Date: The scholarship application will be available via your application portal on May 1, 2024.
Deadline to apply: June 1st (Priority Deadline), June 30th (Final Deadline)
- Racialized lived experience as someone who identifies with backgrounds historically excluded from and underrepresented in college education and career paths.
- First generation college graduate (neither parent/guardian having completed a baccalaureate degree).
- Other lived experiences historically underrepresented and/or marginalized within graduate education including but not limited to the following:
- Holding DACA, TPS, refugee, or asylee status
- Having a gender and/or sexual orientation identity historically underrepresented in the applicant’s profession
- Individuals with a disability
*Employees/employee dependents of Augsburg are excluded from eligibility.
The Nurse Practitioner certification (AANP/ANCC) pass rates range from 94-100% over the last five years.