A university of the Church and the City
Augsburg is an institution guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran Church. We are rooted in this tradition. This global Christian tradition welcomes our engagements with expansive and diverse expressions of faith, spiritual practices, and various belief systems present here and in the world. We strive to strengthen faith in service and love across the campus with emphasis on the student body.
Campus Ministry seeks to offer times of Sabbath rest and renewal in the flow of busy daily schedules with daily chapel worship; we uphold Radical Hospitality as an expression of God’s love for all people in the world; and we seek to partner together with students, staff, faculty and the neighborhood in Shaping Community for the sake of justice for the neighbor and care for the whole of creation.
Augsburg University Campus Ministry offers a variety of opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and the community to engage in worship, contemplation and dialogue:
- Morning Chapel & Wednesday Night Communion
- Bible Studies
- Support Groups
- Discussion Groups
- Interfaith dialogue & friendship
- Service to the Community
- Peace, Justice & Hunger Concerns
- Worship Readers, Greeters & Musicians
- Athletic Tournaments
- and more!
Augsburg University is truly unique in being one of the few liberal arts schools in America that offers chapel every day (see chapel schedule). During these 20 minutes you will find a great variety of speakers and music. We encourage you to honor the moments carved out for you in the schedule that you might experience spiritual growth. All are welcome!
Augsburg Chapel is:
- A worship time where we focus on the Triune God – Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer
- A time for daily sabbath renewal
- To rejoice in song
- To share in the communal pilgrimage of faith
- To be empowered in our call to be the neighbor, serving in love
- To pause for the day; to breath anew
- To practice radical hospitality
- To be challenged in our faith and values, to ask questions
- To contemplate the Word of God
- To pray corporately for our community & for individuals
- To be inspired by the testimony of others