The 2020-2021 Financial Aid Instructions: Fall 2020 – Summer 2021
Applying for financial aid can sometimes be an intimidating process. We are here to help guide you through it by providing step by step instructions on how to apply. The 20-21 FAFSA is intended for students who plan to register in the 2020-2021 school year. By submitting a FAFSA, we will be able to determine what grants and student loans are available. Students wishing to be considered for only scholarships each year do not need to submit a FAFSA but should e-mail email@example.com to let us know.
- Get a copy of your tax return.
- For the 2020-2021 FAFSA, you will need your 2018 tax return.
- Determine if you need to file. Remember, just because a student isn’t required to complete a tax return doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. If money was withheld from their paychecks, they should file. It’s possible they’ll get back most or all of what was withheld.
- Get help filing, if you need it. There are many free tax sites for those who qualify. Find one near you.
- If you do not plan to file, skip to step 5.
- File your 2018 federal income taxes (if you haven’t already).
- Complete your 2020-2021 FAFSA. Make sure to submit the FAFSA by signing with your FSA ID. Augsburg’s school code is 002334. Review the Common FAFSA Filing Errors before you click submit.
- Submit Additional Documentation as Requested. You will be notified via email by Augsburg on what additional documentation is required. You can also “Track Your Financial Aid” and view the documents tab to see if additional documentation is required.
Need Additional Help?
Review the Common FAFSA Filing Errors.
Review Augsburg’s Document Descriptions for details on financial aid documents.
Student Loan Options
Students may also wish to utilize student loans in order to help cover the cost of their education. Information about federal and private student loans can be found on your loans webpage.
Special Circumstance Information
Learn more about Augsburg’s policy regarding Special Circumstances
Policies and Regulations
Please review the policies and disclosures tab to the left to make sure you understand your tuition charges and your financial aid.