Augsburg University has two tools available to all students, including prospective students, for identifying courses that can be taken and transferred in to Augsburg to satisfy Augsburg general education requirements.
The first is Transferology, a powerful website used by hundreds of institutions across the United States. This tool can be used anonymously to see real-time data of indirect equivalencies that satisfy Augsburg general education requirements.
The second tool is the static PDF documents generated from Transferology annually by Registrar’s Office staff members and posted on this website page. These documents display direct equivalencies that satisfy Augsburg general education requirements.
Since there are two lists, and both lists contain different courses, you will need to look at both lists if you wish to see all transfer courses that will satisfy Augsburg general education requirements.
List 1 – Indirect equivalents
Preparation Steps for Prospective Students Only:
- Enter your successfully completed coursework and passed standardized exams into Transferology, following the steps listed on the Transfer Credit Evaluation website page.
- Run and print a degree audit for your preferred Augsburg major or Undeclared/Undecided, using the Degree Progress Report Step-by-Step Instructions.
Preparation Step for All Students:
- Review the unsatisfied general education requirement(s) on your degree audit (degree progress report). Consider which courses you may be interested in taking at an institution other than Augsburg. Remember the pertinent policies and recommendations mentioned on the Transfer Planning website page.
Download (or access on a second device) the General Education Equivalencies Step-by-Step Instructions.
Instruction Summary: On the “Find a Replacement Course” tab, click on the “Requirement Categories” tab. Select the appropriate unmet general education categories, click on “Search for Matches,” and select the preferred transfer institution. On the “Requirement Category Matches” tab, expand each of the categories and select “All” in each drop-down list.
Result: A report that shows some courses you could take at the transfer university to satisfy Augsburg general education requirements.
- Print the results or save by selecting “Print to PDF.”
- If you are considering another transfer institution, repeat the steps and select the other transfer institution.