Transfer planning is important, regardless of whether you are a prospective Augsburg student, a current Augsburg student, or a withdrawn Augsburg student.
Please read the appropriate section below for pertinent recommendations and policies.
- Transferring in 52 or more semester credits prior to matriculation at Augsburg will waive Search for Meaning II, Foundations of Wellness, and the Wellness Activity. Unless you are a First Year student, the Augsburg Seminar will also be waived.
- Earning the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum or an Associate of Arts degree prior to matriculation at Augsburg will waive any outstanding Liberal Arts Foundation requirements. If you do not have 52 transfer credits prior to matriculation at Augsburg, Search for Meaning II will also be waived.
- To graduate from Augsburg, a minimum of 32 semester credits must be completed at Augsburg, within the ACTC exchange program, or through a study abroad/away program approved by the Augsburg Center for Global Education and Experience.
- Of the last 32 semester credits earned prior to graduating from Augsburg, no more than 8 credits can be transferred in from another institution unless it is an approved study abroad/away institution.
- Do an unofficial transfer credit evaluation to see the following:
- Progress toward completing minimum 128 credits necessary for graduation from Augsburg
- Course equivalents
- Any course that has satisfied an Augsburg general education requirement but not through the course’s being equivalent to a specific Augsburg course
- Run an unofficial degree progress report (degree audit) to see your progress toward completing graduation requirements for your desired major at Augsburg.
- Follow the steps on the Pathway/Equivalents for General Education and Pathways/Equivalents for Major website pages to determine which courses you may want to take between now and transferring to Augsburg.
- If equivalencies are not appearing in Transferology, contact an admissions counselor. They may be able to tell you potential course equivalencies based on similar, already-evaluated transfer courses from other schools.
- The assignment of waivers and substitutions takes place after acceptance at Augsburg. Waivers and substitutions will only appear on your official degree audit, which can be generated once the Registrar’s Office has completed your official transfer credit evaluation.
Current and withdrawn students
- You are encouraged to complete transfer courses prior to the final 32 credits for your degree because of the senior residence policy. No more than 8 credits of the final 32 credits can be transferred in from another institution unless it is an approved study abroad/away institution.
- A minimum of 32 semester credits must be completed at Augsburg, within the ACTC exchange program, or through a study abroad/away through the Augsburg Center for Global Education and Experience.
- If you did poorly in an Augsburg course, retaking the course at Augsburg is in your best interest. A transfer course will not impact your Augsburg GPA; a retaken course at Augsburg will improve your GPA.
- If you would like to satisfy graduation requirements by taking one or more courses at another institution and then transferring them back to Augsburg, follow the steps on the Pathway/Equivalents for General Education and Pathways/Equivalents for Major website pages to determine the courses.
- If an equivalency is not appearing in Transferology, seek pre-approval for the transfer course by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- School name
- Course code (department & number)
- Course title
- Credit value
- Catalog course description
- Augsburg graduation requirement you are trying to fulfill
- Syllabus (upon request)