- All registration deadlines are listed in the Academic Calendar.
- Registration deadlines for Time 1 and Time 2 courses will differ from Full Semester courses.
- Requesting an exception to the published registration deadlines (adding, withdrawing, changing grade option, etc., after the published deadline) requires an Academic/Financial Petition submitted along with a Registration Form with instructor support.
- Registration changes that cannot be completed in Records & Registration will require a signed and dated Registration Form to be processed in the Enrollment Center. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure required faculty signatures are obtained (for an override of a closed course or waiver of a department prerequisite).
- For any science class that has a required lab, you must register for both the lecture and the lab separately.
- Detailed registration policies can be found in the Academic Catalogs.
course modality definitions
Augsburg recognizes and supports Moodle, Zoom, and Google Hangouts as the official tools for online delivery of course material and other student services.
On-campus classes meet in-person at regularly scheduled times. Moodle may be used to supplement instruction.
Hybrid courses combine on-campus meetings with online activities (a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning). Classes meet on-campus at regularly scheduled times and Moodle is used to offer additional instruction. Typically hybrid courses meet in-person at least 50% of the time. An example includes the Maroon/Silver schedule.
Online courses are asynchronous and learning is independent. There are no scheduled meetings and no requirements for on-campus attendance.
Online Registration Instructions
Prepare to Register
- Know your Inside Augsburg username and password.
- Log in to Records & Registration to check for holds on the Welcome page. You will need to clear any holds in order to register.
- Know when your registration window opens. This is also found on the Welcome page.
- Use the Course Planner (PDF) and Course Search to prepare for online registration.
Register for Courses
- When your registration date/time arrives, log in to Records & Registration.
- A Welcome page will appear with a menu of options on the left side of the screen. Any registration holds will display on this page.
- Graduate students enrolled in more than one program can choose which program they wish to register for by clicking on ‘Program Selection’ in the left-hand navigation and selecting the appropriate program from the drop down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on ‘Search/Register for Classes’ in the left-hand navigation.
- Use the ‘Academic Term’ drop-down menu to select the correct Semester and Program (AU, DAY, GRAD, ROCH). Use the other fields to narrow your search.
- Click ‘Search’ to see results.
- Results will show a summary of courses that match your search options. Click on an individual course listing to see more details (prerequisites, general education categories, room location, etc.).
- Click on ‘Register for This Course.’
- On the next page, click on ‘Confirm Registration.’ You must click ‘Confirm Registration’ to save the registration to your schedule.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 until all your courses have been added.
- View your ‘Active Courses’ in the left-hand navigation to confirm that all your courses have been registered correctly. Students should verify the accuracy of their schedule via ‘My Classes’ within the registration deadlines to allow for any adjustments necessary.
View or Edit Your Schedule
- Click on ‘My Classes’ in the left-hand navigation.
- From your list of active courses, use the ‘Drop’ or ‘Withdraw’ button that appears next to the course. Courses will have a ‘Change’ option under the ‘Grade Option’ column. Use this to change your grade option and confirm the change.
- On the next page, click on ‘Confirm’ to save the change to your schedule.
ONLINE REGISTRATION RESTRICTIONS
The following registrations cannot be completed online and must be processed at the Enrollment Center:
- THP courses (theatre practicum)
- 100-level MUP courses (variable credit music lessons)
- Independent and Directed Study Form
- Internship Form
- Courses with prerequisite issues (requires prerequisite be waived by instructor, or previous Augsburg courses or transfer credit not automatically recognized by the registration system)
- Courses with no available seats (requires instructor permission)