Summer Semester is the third semester of Augsburg’s academic year. Course offerings are available primarily for current Augsburg students, but registration is also open to others on a space-available basis. Courses with low enrollment will be canceled one week before the first day of the class. Persons in good standing at regionally accredited colleges and universities, graduates of such institutions, and students admitted for the next fall term are eligible to register for summer courses. Good standing implies that the student has been admitted and not subsequently suspended or dismissed by that institution.
Guest students registering only for Summer Semester are not automatically granted admission as regular students of Augsburg University. Those wishing to begin a degree program at Augsburg must apply through the Office of Undergraduate Admission or the Office of Graduate Admission.
The first digit of the three-digit course number indicates the course level. Course numbers beginning with a 1 or 2 are lower division courses and are intended primarily for freshmen and sophomores; course numbers beginning with a 3 or 4 are upper division and are primarily for juniors and seniors. Graduate-level courses begin with 5, 6, 7, or 8.
General Education Requirements
Some courses offered in Summer Semester are approved to fulfill general education requirements at Augsburg.
Independent studies may be arranged in consultation with individual faculty members. Download the Directed/Independent Study Registration form and obtain the required signatures before submitting it to the Enrollment Center.
In addition to those listed, internship opportunities may be arranged individually during the summer. Academic internships are carefully planned work-based learning experiences, supervised and evaluated by a faculty member. Consult the Strommen Center for Meaningful Work at 612-330-1148 for more information. Download the Internship Registration form and obtain the required signatures before submitting it to the Enrollment Center.
SUMMER GUEST Registration
Step 1: Register
- Browse available courses.
- Complete and submit the Summer Guest Student Registration Form.
- Registration confirmation and next steps will be emailed to you when the form is processed.
Step 2: Pay Bill
- Students must pay the balance due on their tuition statement by the date indicated. Statements are not mailed; they must be accessed through Inside Augsburg Records & Registration.
Step 3: Prepare To Be A Summer Guest Student
- Activate your AugNet account for access to Inside Augsburg for campus news, events, e-mail, Records & Registration, course schedules and grades, and Moodle for online course content and syllabi.
- Find your textbooks at Augsburg University Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
- Review transportation and parking options.
- Know where you are going with a campus map.
- A permit is needed to park a vehicle on campus; summer parking permits are available. Log in to Inside Augsburg and select “Parking Services” to register for a permit.
- Consider an alternative way to get to Augsburg like biking or riding the bus and light rail. For more information, check out Augsburg’s green transportation options.
- Discounted Metro Transit passes are available at the Enrollment Center, Sverdrup Hall, First Floor.
Step 4: Begin Your Classes
- Check the course schedule for dates, times, and locations.
- Be aware of the add/drop/withdrawal deadlines on the Academic Calendar.
- Students must officially drop their courses through Inside Augsburg Records & Registration.
- An instructor’s signature is required to register after the first day of class.
- Refer to the Academic Calendar for a full listing of registration and tuition refund dates and deadlines.
Students who need housing may contact the Residence Life Office at 612-330-1488.