This fall, Augsburg University launched the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, which advances education and support for Augsburg students and alumni in the disciplines of innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
The center’s focus is on the practice and psychology of innovation and entrepreneurship. Cory Erickson, an instructor in Augsburg’s Master of Business Administration program, leads the center.
The center provides practical educational material for Augsburg students and alumni through a variety of events and activities. These opportunities include:
- a speaker series
- cooperative projects between student teams and local companies
- support for students who are building organizations that impact social causes through innovation and entrepreneurship
- support for student entrepreneurs
- the creation of student teams drawn from the science and business departments to solve problems for new startups
- student contests offering awards and potential funding for new ventures
- research and scholarship through a think tank
- the promotion of internships for students in the for-profit, nonprofit, and government sectors.
Top image: Instructor Cory Erickson leads the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship. (Photo by Courtney Perry)