Michael T. Wentzel
- B.S., Creighton University, Chemistry and Philosophy, 2005
- M.S., University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Organic Chemistry, 2011
- Development of new synthetic methods and reagents particularly with transition metals.
- Synthesis of biologically active natural products and exploring the applications at the interface of chemistry and biology.
- Developing industrial partnerships to collaborate on ongoing projects with organic chemistry questions.
- Developing collaborations both nationally and internationally on organic chemistry projects.
- Developing an interactive approach to teaching organic chemistry with the use of peer-led interactive discussion groups to allow for greater material retention.
- Mentoring undergraduate majors in preparation for graduate school and professional schools in both a laboratory and classroom setting.
- Developing upper-level laboratory and classroom courses focusing on group work and advanced instrumentation techniques aimed at preparing majors for careers in all chemical fields.