Young people long to engage their faith with their entire hearts and minds in concentrated, intentional and communal ways. ACYTI makes this happen by gathering rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders for a week of engaging theological questions. We invite you to join us in this endeavor!
ACYTI is an intense week of friendship, classroom learning, worship, solitude, contemplation, discernment, and action on Augsburg’s urban campus. We will learn together, pray together, play together, explore the city together, and discern God’s work in our world together.
As a program of the Christensen Center for Vocation, ACYTI seeks to engage young people in contemplating the theological themes of Bernard M. Christensen’s legacy.
- Christian faith liberates minds and lives
- Diversity strengthens vital communities
- Inter-faith friendships enrich learning
- The love of Christ draws us to God
- We are called to service in the world
– Alicia Papke-Larson, Bemidji, MN, Current Augsburg Student
“I have attended ACYTI the past two years and found it to be an enriching and valuable experience. I appreciate the genuineness of all the people who are involved in in running the program, and I have met several friends throughout the institute. I appreciate the way it takes advantage of being in the Minneapolis area. The classroom time is productive, and conversation held throughout the day is wonderful as well.”
– Katelyn Danelski, Moose Lake, MN, 2012 Augsburg Graduate
“… my faith without the Augsburg College Youth Theology Institute was dead faith, but now it’s alive.”
– Alaina Heiskary, Lino Lakes, MN
“The places we visited, the classroom time, and the small groups all opened my eyes to becoming grateful before God.”
– Cindy Moss, Eagan, MN