Job searching involves using a variety of resources to find employment and internships. The resources listed below are a small sample of what is available to students and alumni who are looking for internships or employment. It is important to remember that there are many ways to find out about opportunities other than applying online, such as networking and informational interviewing. Start here to find links to job opportunities posted online, but be sure to also also meet with a career specialist for professional guidance on additional tools for your job or internship search.
For a brief introduction on how to begin your search, please review our Job Searching Handout
Augsburg’s new online job and internship board. Make appointments with our staff, find jobs and internships, register for events, and more!
Use your Inside Augsburg (AugNet) username and password to log into Handshake. If you have any problems with the process, please stop by the Strommen Center, email email@example.com, or call 612-330-1148.
If you are a recent graduate, please use the login process for students until your Augsburg email address expires. After that time, please refer to the instructions below for alumni.
To access your Handshake account for the first time please contact us at 612-330-1148 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can update the email address associated with your account.
If you know your Handshake username and password, go to the Handshake login page and enter your current email address to begin.
- Click “Sign In using Email and Password” and enter your password. Do not use the “Augsburg Login” option unless you have a current Augsburg email address.
On Campus Work Study Positions
Augsburg College Human Resources (for on-campus work study positions at Augsburg College)
For a listing of companies, organizations, jobs, internships, and other opportunities specific to your major, check out:
General Job Search
- Indeed – (works great for local searches, select city or use Minneapolis or St. Paul for a general search term)
- SimplyHired (check out the mobile version of SimplyHired for access on your smart phone)
- MN Council of Non-Profits (best web listing for non-profit jobs in Minnesota)
- Star Tribune’s Employment Listings
- Minnesota Works (lists jobs and internships in MN)
- Minnesota Jobs
- Jobs in Minneapolis
- Trovit Jobs
- Idealist: Action Without Borders non-profit and international postings
- MN Workforce Center (Jobs and some internships and summer jobs)
- SEEK: Environmental Ed Resources (posts jobs & internships)
- Seek MN site for job opportunities
- College Caregivers
- InternMatch – (use keyword search and Minneapolis or St. Paul for local internships)
- AnyIntern – USA’s largest internship directory with over 160,000 internships
- Internships.com – (use Minneapolis or MN in your keyword search)
- Barefoot Student – (search under “internship” listing)
- MN Council of Non-Profits (check box for “internship”, “volunteer”, or “part-time” opportunities)
- Indeed – (use keyword search “intern”)
- SEEK (internships in environmental ed)
- The Washington Center (internship opportunities in Washington D.C.)
To find an internship abroad, visit our International Opportunities page.
Staffing agencies are third party companies that hire students or graduates for temporary, contract, or permanent positions at other companies. Many agencies specialize in a particular field, check out which ones may be a good fit for you: