The Augsburg Leadership Awards are given at the end of every spring semester to outstanding student leaders and student organizations.
The 17th Annual Augsburg Leadership Awards will be taking place Tuesday, April 5, 2016 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in Hoversten Chapel.
More about each of the awards can be found below:
Augsburg Senior Leadership Society
The Augsburg Senior Leadership Society recognizes graduating seniors for their leadership contributions over the course of their tenure at Augsburg College. Students must demonstrate growth and development in seven categories: Academic and Life Skills Competence, Civic Engagement, Critical Thinking, Faith and Values, Intentional Diversity, Leadership Exploration and Development, and Thoughtful Stewardship.
Criteria: Students must:
- Be graduating seniors in either April or December 2016;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
- Be in good academic and conduct status with the College;
- Have demonstrated growth in at least half of all of the items listed below, including at least one item from each of the seven categories; and
- Have demonstrated leadership contributions through engagement in student organizations, campus activities, or college-sponsored or college-affiliated programs.
For details on applying, email email@example.com. Applicants for this society will also be considered for the Linda Schrempp Alberg Endowed Leadership Award.
Student Organization Awards
Criteria: Student organizations must be currently registered and in good status with Campus Activities and Orientation during the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
- Community Outreach Award: This award recognizes a student organization that has engaged the larger community during the academic year, either through mentorship opportunities between students and community leaders, community service work, and/or highlighting issues facing the broader community or world at large.
- Programming Award: This award recognizes a student organization that has put on an outstanding, innovative event or program (or series of events or programs) during the academic year. This program/event must have been open to the entire Augsburg community.
- Social Justice Award: This award recognizes a student organization that has shown deliberate leadership around fostering a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive environment at Augsburg.
- New Student Organization of the Year: This award recognizes a registered student organization that has been in existence 2 years or less that has shown growth in its membership, successful programming, and deliberate outreach to the entire Augsburg community.
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year: This award recognizes a staff or faculty advisor of a student organization who, through their dedication and leadership, has encouraged meaningful growth of their student organization.
- Student Organization of the Year: This award recognizes a student organization that has gone above and beyond its stated mission espousing the values and vocation of Augsburg through intentional collaborations and by engaging its membership and the entire campus community around active citizenship, global perspective, living faith, and meaningful work.
Student Leader Awards
Criteria: Student leaders must (1) be Adult or Day Undergraduate Students, (2) have a GPA of 2.0 or higher, (3) be in good academic and conduct status with the College, and (4) have been enrolled at least one semester at the Minneapolis campus of Augsburg during the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
- Community Service Award: This award recognizes a student that has demonstrated a commitment to living out Augsburg’s statement of vocation, “we believe we are called to serve our neighbor”, through active volunteerism.
- Peer Education Award: This award recognizes a student that has provided educational and/or mentorship opportunities for their peers and classmates at Augsburg.
- Social Justice Award: This award recognizes a student that has shown deliberate leadership around fostering a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive environment at Augsburg.
- Outstanding Class Leaders of the Year: These awards recognize students from their respective classes who have shown leadership at Augsburg in their academics, involvement in co-curricular activities, and commitment to service work and outreach in the community. Day students from the first-year, sophomore, junior, and senior classes are recognized, as well as students from the Adult Undergraduate program; class status determined by credits completed.
- Dean of Students Awards: The Dean of Students Award is presented to 1-3 student leaders who exemplify outstanding leadership through deliberate and meaningful engagement with students across different identities, issues, and experiences.
- Emerging Leader of the Year: This award recognizes a student who participated in the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) during fall semester 2015, and has gone above and beyond to demonstrate active involvement in student activities, student governance, and/or student life at Augsburg during the academic year.
- Student Leader of the Year: This award recognizes a student that has gone above and beyond their role by espousing the values and vocation of Augsburg by engaging themselves and the entire campus community around active citizenship, global perspective, living faith, and meaningful work.
- Linda Schrempp Alberg Endowed Leadership Award: This award is given annually to an Augsburg senior (by credit) undergraduate student who reflects the qualities of leadership and commitment to enhancing college life which distinguished the professional life of Linda Schrempp Alberg. The amount of the award is ~$500.00. Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrates characteristics/values important to Linda Schrempp Alberg: leadership potential, nurturing of others, effective communication skills, creativity, proactive style and fairness.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership involvement in student government, campus activities and/or student life.
- Exhibits highest commitment to building strengths within student community and participating with other students, faculty, and staff to enhance the quality of the Augsburg experience.