The 2013-2014 Augsburg Leadership Awards will be taking place Thursday, April 10 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. in the Chapel.
Nominations are currently closed. More about each of the awards can be found below:
Student Group Awards
Criteria: Student groups must be currently registered and in good standing with Campus Activities and Orientation, a recognized community floor in Residence Life, or an academic- or service-related student group recognized by an Augsburg College office or department during the 2013 – 2014 academic year.
- Outstanding Programming Award: This award recognizes a student group that has put on an outstanding, innovative event or program (or series of events or programs) during the academic year. This program/event must have been open to the entire Augsburg College campus community.
- Outstanding Community Outreach Award: This award recognizes a student group that has engaged the larger community during the academic year, either through mentorship opportunities between students and community leaders, community service work, and/or highlighting issues facing the broader community or world at large.
- Outstanding New Student Group of the Year: This award recognizes a registered student group that has been in existence 2 years or less that has shown growth in its membership, successful programming, and deliberate outreach to the entire Augsburg College campus community.
- Outstanding Advisor of the Year: This award recognizes a staff or faculty advisor of a student group who, through their dedication and leadership, has encouraged meaningful growth of their student group.
- Student Group of the Year: This award recognizes a student group that has gone above and beyond its stated mission espousing the values and vocation of Augsburg College through intentional collaborations and by engaging its membership and the entire campus community around active citizenship, global perspective, living faith, and meaningful work.
Student Leader Awards
Criteria: Student leaders must have a GPA of 2.2 or higher and have been enrolled at least one semester at Augsburg College during the 2013 – 2014 academic year.
- Community Service Award: This award recognizes a student that has demonstrated a commitment to living out Augsburg College’s statement of vocation, “we believe we are called to serve our neighbor”, through active volunteerism.
- Peer Education Award: This award recognizes a student that has provided educational and/or mentorship opportunities for their peers and classmates at Augsburg College.
- Social Justice Award: This award recognizes a student that has shown deliberate leadership around fostering a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive environment at Augsburg College.
- Outstanding Class Leaders of the Year: These awards recognize students from their respective classes who have shown leadership at Augsburg College in their academics, involvement in co-curricular activities, and commitment to service work and outreach in the community. Day students from the first-year, sophomore, junior, and senior classes are recognized, as well as students from Augsburg for Adults; class status determined by credits completed.
- Emerging Leader of the Year: This award recognizes a student who participated in the Emerging Leaders Program during fall semester 2013, and has gone above and beyond to demonstrate active involvement in student activities, student governance, and/or student life at Augsburg College during the academic year. The amount of this award is $100.
- Student Leader of the Year: This award recognizes a student that has gone above and beyond their role by espousing the values and vocation of Augsburg College by engaging themselves and the entire campus community around active citizenship, global perspective, living faith, and meaningful work. The amount of this award is $250.
- Linda Schrempp Alberg Endowed Leadership Award: This award is given annually to an Augsburg senior (by credit) undergraduate student who reflects the qualities of leadership and commitment to enhancing college life which distinguished the professional life of Linda Schrempp Alberg. The amount of the award is ~$500.00. Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrates characteristics/values important to Linda Schrempp Alberg: leadership potential, nurturing of others, effective communication skills, creativity, proactive style and fairness.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership involvement in student government, campus activities and/or student life.
- Exhibits highest commitment to building strengths within student community and participating with other students, faculty, and staff to enhance the quality of the Augsburg experience.