Student organizations may use college space to publicize events and meetings. Out of consideration for the right of free expression, the rights of viewers, civility, and respect, the following guidelines are to be followed when posting flyers and notices. These policies only apply to flyers and notices posted in areas outside of the residence halls.
- All postings must be approved and dated. Posters and flyers can be approved at the Christensen Center Welcome Desk, Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A maximum of 20 will be stamped and approved for posting on campus.
- Posting is only allowed on designated posting strips, bulletin boards and kiosks (where provided). Postings are not permitted on any other surface or space, such as glass, doors, or walls.
- Notices from the Registrar, Facilities Management, and Public Safety may be posted in all areas. Event and Conference Planning may use signs or other materials to fill special requests or for campus events.
- Posters and flyers must be put up using push pins, tacks, or staples; no duct tape, permanent adhesives, or tape may be used. Student organizations will be charged for damages to walls and surfaces.
- Posters and flyers are allowed 2 weeks of display time. Individuals and organizations are responsible for removing their materials.
- No direct or indirect promotion of alcohol, drugs, obscene material, or materials that would violate applicable laws or Augsburg college policy is allowed.
- Flyers may not be placed on cars. (City of Minneapolis, Ordinance 403.10)
- Community events and notices (including buy/sell, renting, roommates, help wanted, etc.) can be posted on the bulletin board in the Christensen Center main floor near the restrooms.
Not adhering to the above guidelines will result in the removal of postings and future denial of posting privileges. Augsburg College reserve the right to deny any requests for posting.