CHM 464 Adv. Organic Chem. featured in Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE)!
Check out this exciting blog featuring our newly designed CHM 464 Advanced Organic Chemistry course!
Good luck to all our students who are participating in off-campus research programs this summer! Have a fun and productive summer!
- Elly Bier (’14) — NIST
- Eric Bowman (’15) — University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Kirubel Frew (’14) — Johns Hopkins University and MIT
- Anna Harraf (’14) — South Dakota State University
- Ashley Waters (’14) — University of Minnesota
Class of 2013
Congratulations to our graduating class of 2013! In picture (from left): Kevin Schultz, Krysten Wallace, Jessica Geisinger, Joe Buchman, Nate Freshour, Amy Balto, Chad Gilmer, Walker Glasoe, Alex Sorum, Samia Hassan (not pictured: Sandra Hinz, Peter Schmidt, Will Matchett, Amal Farah, and Ali Wolfe)
Congratulations to our recent graduates who have been admitted to graduate programs:
- Amy Balto (’13): Oregon State University — MS in Food Science
- Joe Buchman (’13): University of Minnesota — PhD in Chemistry
- Walker Glasoe (’13): Oregon State University — PhD in Chemistry
- Chad Gilmer (’13): University of Iowa — PhD in Chemistry
Joe Buchman receives National Science Foundation Graduate Student Fellowship
Congratulations to 2013 graduate Joe Buchman for receiving the prestigious National Science Foundation Graduate Student Fellowship! Joe will use the Fellowship towards his Doctoral study in Chemistry at the University of Minnesota from the summer of 2013.
Congratulations to Allison Zank for winning the Goldwater Scholar, and to Ashley Waters for the Honorable Mention for Goldwater Scholar.
The annual Agre Challenge, co-sponsored by the Augsburg Chemistry Society and the Augsburg Physics Society, will be held on 11/09/2012. Check out this year’s challenge: Agre Challenge Poster!
Walker Glassoe (class of 2013), research students of Dr. Dave Hanson, gave an oral presentation on “Sulfuric Acid Nucleation: A Systematic Study of the Effect of Bases” at the 31st annual American Association for Aerosol Research in Minneapolis, MN.
Nate Freshour (class of 2013), research students of Dr. Dave Hanson, also at the 31st annual American Association for Aerosol Research in Minneapolis, MN.