Faculty Research Interests:
Please click on each faculty name to learn more about their research interests and current projects.
- Dr. Ron Fedie
- Dr. Vivian Feng
- Dr. David Hanson
- Dr. Joan Kunz
- Dr. Sandra Olmsted: OlmstedResearch
- Dr. Michael Wentzel
URGO Summer Research Videos:
- Kirubel Frew (’14) — 2011: Continuous flow reactor for chemical synthesis (Mentor: Dr. Vivian Feng)
- Steve Bergquist (’12) — 2010: Effect of VOCs on algae growth (Mentor: Dr. Dave Hanson)
- Kim Carlson (’11) — 2010: Electromagnetic stimulation for algae growth (Mentors: Dr. Arlin Gyberg and Dr. Vivian Feng)
Interested in Summer Research:
If you are interested in exploring summer research on campus, there is a variety of opportunities:
- Talk to your professors!
- Check out the URGO website for summer research funding application (usually due in Feb)
- Check out the McNair office website to see if you qualify as a McNair Scholar (especially if you are freshmen or sophomore)
Recent Students Research Presentations:
- Glasoe, W.; Hanson, D. “Sulfuric Acid Nucleation: A Systematic Study of the Effect of Bases”, 31st annual American Association for Aerosol Research, 10/2012, Minneapolis, MN.
- Buchman, J.T.; Mueller, D. L. “Developing a characterization method for autoreactive B Cells in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus”Lupus Foundation of MN Presentation, 08/2012, Minneapolis, MN
- Frew, K.; Feng, Z.V. “Continuous flow synthesis of consumable chemicals”, 243rd ACS National Meeting, 03/2012, San Diego, CA.
- Buchman, J.T.; Feng, Z.V. “Dendrimer encapsulated Pd nanoparticle catalyzed decomposition of polychlorinated biphenyls”, 243rd ACS National Meeting, 03/2012, San Diego, CA.
- Ernst, C.; Penn, R.L.; Feng, Z.V. “Synthesis and characterization of dendrimer-encapsulated Fe nanoparticles”, MRSEC Summer Research Symposium, 08/2009, Minneapolis, MN.