If you are seeking academic course credit for an internship, please review the academic internship registration process.
Augsburg Experience: Work-Connections
(available for WEC and AU students only)
The Augsburg Experience integrates experiential learning with academic learning and links on-campus learning to the constituency goals, mission, needs or ideas of off-campus people, organizations and/or communities, through community partners and/or professional activities and/or travel. The main goals of the Augsburg Experience are to link the theoretical with the practical and to link the on-campus experience to the wider community.
The WEC/AU Work-Connections option will meet the same criteria and goals of all other Augsburg Experience options but allow WEC/AU students to utilize their rich and often extensive work history to meet the requirement. WEC/AU students who are currently working full or part-time will have the option of registering their related work experience in lieu of an internship. The 0-credit Work Connections course will include writing learning outcome goals that integrate experience with classroom learning and utilize reflection assignments based on the current work experiences/jobs of the students.
Work Connections Registration Process
In order for a WEC/AU student to have his/her current job qualify for an Augsburg Experience, follow the steps below:
- Identify opportunities with employer to gain experience in a new functional area, or enhance a skill set or experience related to the students major.
- Consult with the Strommen Center staff prior to the term you wish to register to discuss requirements and to have your proposed work experience approved. To schedule an appointment, contact our front desk at 612-330-1148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register online for the 0-credit course AUG EX4: Work-Connections during the open registration period (Note: prior approval of the experience by Strommen staff is required to register).
- Set learning goals connecting education and work experience.
- Complete an Augsburg Experience reflection paper based on the reflection questions provided.
- Students receive a grade of “P” (participation with no credit) when the final paper is satisfactorily completed and approved.