American Indian Studies Major
Ten courses including;
- AIS 105 Introduction to American Indian Studies
- AIS 205 Contemporary American Indians
- ENL 255 American Indian Literature or AIS 264 American Indians in the Cinema
- HIS 236 American Indian History
- REL 370 American Indian Spirituality and Philosophical Thought
- AIS 499 Senior Research Project
In addition, students must complete four electives. At least four of the courses toward the major must be upper division. Graduation skills in Critical Thinking (CT), Speaking (S), and Writing (W) are embedded throughout the offered courses and are met by completing the major. Consult your department chair or academic adviser for requirements for meeting the Quantitative Reasoning (QR) graduation
Transfer students must consult an adviser about potential adjustments to their course requirements to fulfill each of these skills.
Five courses including AIS 105. At least two must be upper division.