American Indian Studies Major
Nine courses including:
- AIS 105 – Introduction to American Indian Studies
- AIS 205 – Contemporary American Indians
- ENL 255 – American Indian Literature
- or AIS 264 – American Indians in the Cinema
- HIS 236 – American Indian History
- REL 370 – American Indian Spirituality and Philosophical Thought
In addition, students must complete four electives. At least four of the courses toward the major must be upper division.
Graduation skills in Critical Thinking (CT), Speaking (S), and Writing (W) are embedded throughout the offered courses and are met by completing the major. The graduation skill in Quantitative Reasoning (QR) is met by GST 200 or PHI 230. Transfer students must consult an advisor about potential adjustments to their course requirements to fulfill each of these skills.
American Indian Studies Minor
Five courses including AIS 105. At least two courses must be upper division.
For a complete list of courses and descriptions, see the Course Description Search.