During each academic year, the University community focuses on a set of strategic initiatives that move us closer the vision of Augsburg 2019.
Strategic Initiatives for 2016-17
- Complete campus master plan update to address priorities informed by Hagfors Center completion.
- Improve performance against enrollment targets in the Adult Undergraduate (AU) and Rochester programs.
- Implement student success initiatives and advising framework, informed by program review recommendations, to improve student progress to graduation by 2 percent in 2017.
- Further integrate diversity and inclusion efforts into teaching & learning, hiring, and student success programs, with a focus on building toward equity.
- Develop case and implementation plan to become Augsburg University in name and structure.
- Design and launch new alliance with Luther Seminary; complete initial shared services implementation.
- Develop and test endowment campaign case focused on teaching and learning, affordability, and Augsburg’s areas of distinction.
- Complete CD phase and plan groundbreaking for the Center for Science, Business, and Religion.
- Equip systematic program development and enhancement for enrollment growth.
- Create comprehensive plan to become the premier private higher education provider in Rochester.
- Launch next phase of Augsburg Promise initiative, new alignment of efforts to raise retention and graduation rates.
- Organize ongoing, systematic effort to increase faculty and staff diversity.
- Update shared leadership structures.
- Position Augsburg as anchor institution, taking a lead role locally and nationally.
- Consider becoming Augsburg University.