The Office of International Student & Scholar Services provides an International Student Orientation to welcome newly admitted
It is required by immigration law that first-year F-1 students, J-1 students and scholars must attend the International Student Orientation. Augsburg Intentional Student Orientation provides essential information to assist new international students and scholars make a successful cultural and academic transition into their new settings.
International Student Orientation is held prior to the start of the fall and spring semesters. Activities and sessions take place over 3 days, typically the Wednesday and Friday before school starts for each semester.
Activities and topics you can expect during Orientation include:
- Legal document check
- Entry level assessment for F-1 students: Writing, Michigan Assessment and Math placement exams
- Welcome from International Student Organization (ISO) board members
- Health Insurance
- Overview of Augnet Account
- F-1 and J-1 regulations
- Tour of Lindell library
- Conversation with Augsburg’s Center for Wellness & Counseling (CWC)
- Campus and city street security
- Issues and policies related to living on campus
- Overview of Augsburg policies and activities
- Intercultural Communication and adjustment
- Minneapolis Plunge – Light-rail adventure
- Welcome dinner in homes of Augsburg staff or faculty
- Opportunities to build community with fellow students!
Spring 2019 New International Student Orientation
You will meet all new enrolled international students; and learn about Augsburg, immigration, life in Minneapolis, and more! Please remember that Augsburg International Student Orientation is mandatory.
Spring 2019: Thursday, January 10- Friday, January 11. For students planning to live on campus, move-in is scheduled on Monday, January 7 and Tuesday, January 8.