Equivalency Plus MMT
Priority Deadline: March 1, 2015
Regular Deadline: April 1, 2015
Applications submitted after March 1 will be considered for admission on a rolling basis if space is available
Coursework for the Equivalency Plus MMT track begins in May
Master of Music Therapy
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Coursework for the MMT begins in September
- Online Application
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of Board Certification (if applicable)
- Audition: ten minutes of the applicant’s best instrument (recorded and submitted via email or CD/DVD)
- A 1-3 page essay addressing the following questions (uploaded to application or sent to email@example.com):
- Describe your goals as a music therapist and how a MMT degree will help you reach those goals.
- Tell about a moment that helped encourage you to begin a career in music therapy.
- As a music therapist you will help people from all walks of life and with a variety of needs and illnesses, how are you qualified (physically, mentally, and emotionally) to assist these people in improving their quality of life?
Application materials not submitted with the online application should be sent to:
Graduate Admissions, CB 65
2211 Riverside Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55454
The MMT program is both AMTA and NASM approved as of February 2014.
Call 612-330-1101 for more information.