- SUMMER(May) 2015 Equivalency Plus MMT: April 15, 2015
- FALL 2015 Master of Music Therapy: May 15, 2015
Steps to Admission
- Online Application
- All college transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation(can be submitted online through the application-please have your recommenders email addresses when you begin the application).
- Proof of Board Certification
- An Audition (this can be taped and sent via cd, live, or shared via Google Drive) ten minutes of your best instrument.
- Essay-(can be submitted as part of the online application)no longer than three pages addressing the following questions.
- Describe your goals as a music therapist and how an MMT degree will help you reach those goals.
- Tell about a moment that helped encourage you to begin a career in music therapy.
- As a music therapist you will help people from all walks of life and with a variety of needs and illnesses, how are you qualified (physically, mentally, and emotionally) to assist these people in improving their quality of life?
*Please note that you can upload your essay directly into the online application. You may also input the names and emails of your recommenders and the system will send them a link to directions and the checklist we request they fill out for you.
**Please Note: the HIPPA and financial solvency forms are not needed for your application. HIPPA is for nursing students only and the Financial you only need to complete if you are an international student.
If not submitted with the online application materials need to be sent to:Augsburg College
Graduate Admissions, CB 65
2211 Riverside Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
The MMT program is both AMTA and NASM approved as of February 2014.
Call 1-855-682-6102 for more information.