We’re glad you’ve decided to apply to the Augsburg Master in Music Therapy program!
Equivalency Plus MMT
Priority Deadline: March 1, 2015
Regular Deadline: April 1, 2015
Applications submitted after March 1 will be considered for admission on a rolling basis if space is available
Coursework for the Equivalency Plus MMT track begins in May
Master of Music Therapy
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Coursework for the MMT begins in September
Equivalency Plus Master in Music Therapy students begin in May. Board certified music therapists enter directly into the MMT and begin in the Fall term.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of Board Certification (if applicable)
- Personal essay (1-3 pages), addressing the following questions:
- Describe your goals as a music therapist and how a MMT degree will help you reach those goals.
- Tell about a moment that helped encourage you to begin a career in music therapy.
- As a music therapist you will help people from all walks of life and with a variety of needs and illnesses, how are you qualified (physically, mentally, and emotionally) to assist these people in improving their quality of life?
- Ten minutes of the applicant’s best instrument (recorded and submitted via email or CD)
Submitting your official transcripts
Official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions for undergraduate and graduate level coursework must be submitted directly to the Graduate Admissions Office by electronic transfer or by mail.
By electronic transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org (if prompted by your institution for an email address)
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454
The MMT program is both AMTA and NASM approved as of February 2014.
Call 612-330-1101 for more information.