We’re glad you’ve decided to apply to the Augsburg Master in Music Therapy program!Start Your Application
Master of Music Therapy
Priority Deadline: February 1, 2018
Still accepting applications from board certified music therapists for Fall 2018. Applications submitted after February 1 will be considered for admission on a rolling basis as long as space is available
Coursework for the MMT begins in September.
*Equivalency Plus Master in Music Therapy students begin in May. Board certified music therapists enter directly into the MMT and begin in the Fall term.
Equivalency Plus MMT
The application window for 2018 is now closed. The application window for 2019 will open in late September
Coursework for the Equivalency Plus MMT track begins in May. The Equivalency Plus track is for applicants who are not board certified music therapists.
- Official transcripts from bachelor degree granting institution as well as any institutions where prerequisite or equivalency courses have been taken. Transcripts must also be submitted for any credits earned after earning your bachelor’s degree. Military veterans must submit official transcripts from each school previously attended in order to utilize military benefits.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of Board Certification (if applicable)
- Personal Statement – Respond to each of the following prompts. Your response to each prompt should be 1 page or less, for a total to 2-4 pages.
- Describe your goals as a board certified music therapist and how you feel a master’s degree in music therapy will help you to achieve these goals?
- Describe a moment or experience you had that fostered your interest and encouraged you to focus your career in music therapy.
- Music therapy is a profession that focuses on helping people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds, what qualities and qualifications do you possess that will allow you to be an asset to others.
- What skills or areas of need do you feel require further development for you to be successful as a board certified music therapist?
- Audition – Your audition should be a recording (audio or video) of 15-20 minutes of music. This can include any or all of the following:
- Music performed on your primary instrument(s)
- Accompanying self on songs that are utilized in one’s clinical practice setting
Submitting your official transcripts
Official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions for undergraduate and graduate level coursework must be submitted directly to the Graduate Admissions Office by electronic transfer or by mail.
By electronic transfer: email@example.com (if prompted by your institution for an email address)
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454
The MMT program is both AMTA and NASM approved as of February 2014.
Call 612-330-1101 for more information.