Coming Fall 2015. Applications for River Semester now being accepted! Click here to start filling out your application. Priority application deadline: Dec. 15, 2014 qualifies you for a $750 discount on the program fee.
- Spend 4 months traveling the length of the Mississippi River from Minneapolis to New Orleans by canoe, bus, boat, and train
- Conduct field research on topics such as stream ecology, the Clean Water Act, agriculture in the watershed, political organizing around environmental issues, and urban riverfront revitalization
- Explore the history, literature, food, music, and culture of the Mississippi River from the headwaters to the Delta
- Gain skills tailored to fit the needs of partner businesses and institutions including graduate schools, nonprofits, and government agencies
- Attend town hall meetings and environmental organizations in river towns
- Meet with other college and university students along the river
- Hear guest lectures and performances by local experts and artists
Check out the River Semester Prezi.
Blog post on why we need a river semester.