What is the Augsburg Experience?
A distinctive feature of an Augsburg education is our focus on linking classroom theory with off-campus learning experiences. Augsburg College is one of the few colleges or universities in the United States that intentionally includes an experiential element in our general education program required of all students.
We call it the “Augsburg Experience.”
Specifically, the Augsburg Experience provides students with opportunities for:
- Direct involvement with people and organizations external to the college
- First-hand discovery, integration and application of knowledge
- Self-awareness through reflective and critical thinking
- Exploration of vocation, of what one is called to do in the world
- Learning that is life-long
Contact your Academic Advisor, the Strommen Career and Internship Services staff, or the Augsburg Abroad to discuss your interests.
Augsburg Experience Opportunities
- Internships, Cooperative Education, Student Teaching, Practica, Field Work, and Clinicals
- Service-Learning Courses and Service-Learning Experiences
- Study Abroad
- Faculty-Student Research
- Special and Individualized Off-Campus Immersion Experiences