About the Program
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to empower first-year students to develop and apply their leadership skills in order to connect, to engage, and to invest in the Augsburg and greater community.
ELP aims to help students:
- Gain a more holistic understanding of leadership.
- Further develop and gain a better sense of personal leadership styles.
- Realize strengths and ways to utilize them more effectively.
- Reflect on personal conflict style and learn how to engage with other types of conflict styles more effectively.
- Gain a better understanding around privilege and power.
- Further understand the power that language and communication have within personal interactions and group dynamics.
- Begin to explore their personal values and ethics in relation to holding leadership positions and to making responsible decisions.
- Find opportunities to lead at Augsburg College and in the Twin Cities community.
How To Apply
Applications for Fall 2016 will be made available in the summer.