About the Program
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to empower first-year students to develop and apply their leadership skills in order to connect, to engage, and to invest in the Augsburg and greater community.
ELP aims to help students:
- Gain a more holistic understanding of leadership.
- Further develop and gain a better sense of personal leadership styles.
- Realize strengths and ways to utilize them more effectively.
- Reflect on personal conflict style and learn how to engage with other types of conflict styles more effectively.
- Gain a better understanding around privilege and power.
- Further understand the power that language and communication have within personal interactions and group dynamics.
- Begin to explore their personal values and ethics in relation to holding leadership positions and to making responsible decisions.
- Find opportunities to lead at Augsburg College and in the Twin Cities community.
How To Apply
Click here to apply for the Fall 2014 Emerging Leaders Program. Applications must be completed no later than noon on Friday, September 5. Late applications will not be considered.