HOW TO APPLY
The application will be available in November 2023 for 2024 ASLs. Interviews will be held on Saturday, February 17th at the joint leadership interviews.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Orientation Leaders are responsible for administering successful Orientation Programs. These programs include SOAR, Transfer SOAR, and Auggie Days. Orientation Leaders work as a team to create a welcoming and inclusive environment to ensure that new first-year and transfer students have quality transitional experiences as they are introduced to Augsburg University.
Members of the Orientation Leader Team will:
- Learn to work in a changing environment, demonstrate flexibility and problem solving skills
- Develop a sense of responsibility and professionalism through work with new first-year and transfer students
- Be accountable for completion of several job assignments
- Gain knowledge in setting and meeting personal and professional goals
- Work independently and in a team to make progress towards set goals
- Demonstrate personal strengths and develop weaknesses to enhance self confidence and promote confidence in others
- Gain skills in areas such as leadership, facilitation, presentation delivery, as well as conflict resolution
- Train on topics such as cultural difference, racism and other forms of oppression, white privilege, the LGBTQIA community, persons with disabilities, and other areas of human difference