HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 2022 AugSem Leader position will be available in September 2021.
ABOUT THE TEAM
AugSem Leaders are responsible for supporting first-year students and faculty members in Augsburg Seminar classes. AugSem Leaders work as a team to ensure first-year students are supported in their academic success during their first semester at Augsburg University.
Members of the AugSem Leader Team will:
- Learn to work in a changing environment, demonstrate flexibility and problem solving skills
- Develop a sense of responsibility and professionalism through work with new first-year and transfer students
- Be accountable for completion of several job assignments
- Gain knowledge in setting and meeting personal and professional goals
- Work independently and in a team to make progress towards set goals
- Demonstrate personal strengths and develop weaknesses to enhance self confidence and promote confidence in others
- Gain skills in areas such as leadership, facilitation, presentation delivery, as well as conflict resolution
- Train on topics such as cultural difference, racism and other forms of oppression, white privilege, the LGBTQIA community, persons with disabilities, and other areas of human difference