HOW TO APPLY
The application will be available in November 2023 for 2024 ASLs. Interviews will be held on Saturday, February 17th at the joint leadership interviews.
ABOUT THE TEAM
AugSem Leaders are responsible for supporting first-year students and faculty members in Augsburg Seminar classes. AugSem Leaders work as a team to ensure first-year students are supported in their academic success during their first semester at Augsburg University.
Members of the AugSem Leader Team will:
- Learn to work in a changing environment, demonstrate flexibility and problem solving skills
- Develop a sense of responsibility and professionalism through work with new first-year and transfer students
- Be accountable for completion of several job assignments
- Gain knowledge in setting and meeting personal and professional goals
- Work independently and in a team to make progress towards set goals
- Demonstrate personal strengths and develop weaknesses to enhance self confidence and promote confidence in others
- Gain skills in areas such as leadership, facilitation, presentation delivery, as well as conflict resolution
- Train on topics such as cultural difference, racism and other forms of oppression, white privilege, the LGBTQIA community, persons with disabilities, and other areas of human difference