- SOAR I – Friday, June 16 – Saturday, June 17, 2023
- SOAR II – Tuesday, June 20 – Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- SOAR III – Thursday, June 22 – Friday, June 23, 2023
- SOAR IV** – Wednesday, August 23
**Reserved for students who live outside of Minnesota / western Wisconsin, as well as F-1 and J-1 international students. Seats are available for registration on a first come first serve basis. SOAR sessions that reach capacity will not show the option to register in your student portal. Students should register for the next available option if your first choice is full. If you have major unavoidable conflicts with the available options contact our office.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR SOAR?
Students can register for SOAR through their student portal.
What is SOAR?
Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) is a two-day overnight required orientation experience for all incoming first-year students who will be starting at Augsburg University in Fall 2023. SOAR is designed to help with the transition to Augsburg and allows students to register for fall classes; meet fellow classmates, faculty and staff; learn about university resources and services; discuss living on campus with Residence Life; and get a taste for life as an Auggie.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE SCHEDULE FOR SOAR?
SOAR programming starts at 9 am on Day 1 and ends by 1pm on Day 2. Coordinate pick up with families using this time frame.
We’ve gone digital! You will be able to see the detailed schedule on the Guidebook app, download it in advance to have it ready for SOAR. Your orientation leaders will walk through the schedule with you on Day 1 and answer any questions you have.
Are students required to attend SOAR?
Yes. SOAR is required for all incoming first-year students who will be starting at Augsburg University in Fall 2023. This includes the overnight component in the residence halls as is typical for many colleges and universities. Programming will begin early on Day 1 of each SOAR, continue late into the evening, and resume early the following morning. Students are provided housing and food accommodations at no charge in our first year residence halls that are separated by gendered floors as well gender neutral options. Students get an exciting opportunity to immerse themselves in the Augsburg campus and college experience including registering for classes, learning about the various resources and opportunities that exist across campus, and building connections with peers. For health or other major concerns that you would like to request an accommodation for, contact the CLASS office following the instructions in the accommodations section below.
What do students need to do prior to attending SOAR?
- Register for SOAR Through Your Student Portal.
- Review the Augsburg University Curriculum and prepare for your Math Placement Test. You will receive information regarding the class registration process via your Admissions Status Page in the upcoming weeks. During this process, you will be asked to activate your AugNet account. Remember your AugNet email and password, as you will need this for SOAR (and beyond!).
- Complete all other steps in your Admissions Status Page including your course registration form. It is important to have this done as soon as possible so that an advisor can begin your registration process. For questions about where to find the forms email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activate DUO Security on you personal device. If you do not have access to a device contact our office for an alternative option.
- Sign Housing Contract (if applicable). If you plan to live on campus your first year at Augsburg, submit your housing contract sooner rather than later. To submit your Residence Life & Meal Plan Contract, log into your student portal. For questions, email email@example.com.
- Pack & prepare for your overnight orientation! All students are required to stay overnight in our Urness Residence Hall for the programming experience (regardless of residential or commuter status), as is typical for most college orientation experiences. Here is a packing list of items to bring with you for the night. If you have specific accommodation needs for housing please contact our disability office and we will work with you to ensure proper accommodations can be made.
Can parents and guardians attend SOAR?
SOAR is specifically designed for incoming first-year students. Parents and Families can drop students off and pick them back up at Christensen Center following the end of the orientation program.
Parent/Family SOAR programming will be virtual on Wednesday, June 21 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
Parent/Family SOAR is an orientation for the parents of incoming first-year students. Parents will obtain important information about the campus; learn about university resources and services; and get a taste of what life will be like for their student at Augsburg University.
Please register in advance at this link: Parent/Family SOAR 2023 Registration
Any student with a disability-related concern in regards to SOAR should contact the CLASS/Disability Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1053. Contacting CLASS two or more weeks prior to your SOAR session will help ensure that all necessary accommodations will be available.
Please contact Campus Life at email@example.com or 612-330-1100 with any additional questions and concerns regarding SOAR.
And don’t forget!
Auggie Days (First Year Welcome Week), the second part of the required orientation experience for first-year students, starts Friday, August 25, 2023 and runs until Tuesday, August 29, 2023.