- SOAR I – Monday, June 13 – Tuesday, June 14, 2022
- SOAR II – Wednesday, June 15 – Thursday, June 16, 2022
- SOAR III – Friday, June 17 – Saturday, June 18, 2022
- SOAR VI** – Thursday, August 25
**Reserved for students who live outside of Minnesota / western Wisconsin, as well as F-1 and J-1 international students.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR SOAR?
What is SOAR?
Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) is a two-day required orientation experience for all incoming first-year students who will be starting at Augsburg University in Fall 2022. SOAR is designed to help with the transition to Augsburg and allows students to register for fall classes; meet fellow classmates, faculty and staff; learn about university resources and services; discuss living on campus with Residence Life; and get a taste for life as an Auggie.
SOAR programming starts at 8am on Day 1 for those who have not yet taken their math placement exam, and at 9am for those who have already taken their math placement exam.
SOAR programming ends by 12pm on Day 2.
Are students required to attend SOAR?
Yes. SOAR is required for all incoming first-year students who will be starting at Augsburg University in Fall 2022.
What do students need to do prior to attending SOAR?
- Register for SOAR Through Your Student Portal.
- Review the Augsburg University Curriculum and prepare for your Math Placement Test. You will receive information regarding the class registration process via your Admissions Status Page in the upcoming weeks. During this process, you will be asked to activate your AugNet account. Remember your AugNet email and password, as you will need this for SOAR (and beyond!).
- Sign Housing Contract (if applicable). If you plan to live on campus your first year at Augsburg, submit your housing contract sooner rather than later. To submit your Residence Life & Meal Plan Contract, log into your student portal. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can parents and guardians attend SOAR?
SOAR is specifically designed for incoming first-year students. Family SOAR communications will be sent via email throughout the summer months informing parents and guardians of important information. Questions about family communications can be directed to Kristen Cooper at email@example.com.
Any student with a disability-related concern in regards to SOAR should contact the CLASS/Disability Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1053. Contacting CLASS two or more weeks prior to your SOAR session will help ensure that all necessary accommodations will be available.
Please contact Campus Life at email@example.com or 612-330-1100 with any additional questions and concerns regarding SOAR.
And don’t forget!
Auggie Days, the second part of the required orientation experience for first-year students, starts Friday, August 26, 2022 and runs until Tuesday, August 30, 2022.