How To Apply
About the Program
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to empower students new to Augsburg to develop and apply their leadership skills in order to connect, to engage, and to invest in the Augsburg University and the greater community. Participants in this course will explore the practice of leadership and enhance their capacity to lead.
ELP aims to help students:
- Gain a more holistic understanding of leadership.
- Further develop and gain a better sense of personal leadership styles.
- Realize strengths and ways to utilize them more effectively.
- Articulate their values and how they apply to their leadership.
- Further understand the power that language and communication have within personal interactions and group dynamics.
- Understand how privilege and oppression impact one’s life and the lives of others.
- Reflect on personal and cultural conflict style and learn how to engage better with other types of conflict styles more effectively.
- Find opportunities to lead at Augsburg University and in the Twin Cities community.
Option for Credit
There is an option to take ELP for 2.0 credits as LST 295: Emerging Leaders, either as a general elective or as credit towards the Leadership Minor. Students cannot register for the class unless they are admitted to ELP.
Students who are admitted are not required to take ELP for credit.
PLEASE NOTE: Taking ELP for credit may impact your financial aid. Students who are currently registered for 12-17 credits should see no additional tuition charges by adding this 2.0 credit course. Students who have less than 12 credits or 18+ credits may see a change in their tuition bill; contact Student Financial Services to inquire.