The Augsburg Senior Leadership Society recognizes graduating seniors for their leadership contributions over the course of their tenure at Augsburg University.
Criteria: Students must:
- Be graduating seniors in either April or December 2019;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
- Be in good academic and conduct status with the University; and
- Have demonstrated leadership contributions through engagement in student organizations, campus activities, or university-sponsored or university-affiliated programs.
Applications are open from early February through mid-March.
Senior RECOGNITION Awards
Linda Schrempp Alberg Endowed Leadership Award
This award is given annually to an Augsburg senior (by credit) undergraduate student who reflects the qualities of leadership and commitment to enhancing university life which distinguished the professional life of Linda Schrempp Alberg. The amount of the award is ~$500.00. Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrates characteristics/values important to Linda Schrempp Alberg: leadership potential, nurturing of others, effective communication skills, creativity, proactive style and fairness.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership involvement in student government, campus activities and/or student life.
- Exhibits highest commitment to building strengths within student community and participating with other students, faculty, and staff to enhance the quality of the Augsburg experience.
How to apply: Those who are admitted to the Augsburg Senior Leadership Society will be automatically considered for this award.
Marina Christensen Justice Award
Every year at Commencement, one graduating senior receives the Marina Christensen Justice Award for demonstrated dedication to community and working in solidarity with marginalized people. This award recognizes work that is in keeping with the personal and professional life of Marina Christensen Justice, who courageously and effectively reached out to disadvantaged people and communities.
Nominations are submitted in the spring with nominations with the Augsburg Leadership Awards but not announced until Commencement. Nominees are judged on the following criteria:
- The depth and breadth of community involvement.
- A strong commitment to addressing the systemic roots of the issues.
- A personal and professional commitment to work with marginalized communities.
- Bold and courageous leadership.
- Authentic and sustained engagement with community and issues.
How to apply: Those who apply to the Augsburg Senior Leadership Society will be automatically considered for this award; one does not have to gain entry to the Society in order to receive this award.