CSBR Campaign Hits New Milestone, Offers New Opportunities

When you fear or doubt, have faith

Early last month I shared my Believe story with 150 guests of the Regents at a Leadership Summit for the Center for Science, Business and Religion. I have told so many of you how I doubted myself and the call from President Pribbenow asking that I lead the Campaign to bring together three disciplines under one crossroads facility in the CSBR. But I turned my fear and self-doubt into faith and belief. Now I am even more clear that our shared belief is turning into a remarkable momentum for Augsburg’s future.

In a mere 30 days since that exciting Summit, alumni and friends have made new gifts and pledges to the campaign exceeding $600,000, enough to put the campaign over $25 million! We are grateful and inspired by the generosity and support coming from all parts of the Augsburg community. Please read this full press release about the campaign’s important milestone, what comes next and how you can join us.

Max out your Giving to Augsburg on November 14

There is so much good news to share and so many ways to join in the fun. In just a few days, all of us can join with other alumni and friends in our effort to expand giving across Minnesota to Augsburg and many special projects.

Thursday, November 14, is Give to the Max Day, and this year, more than 25 Auggie faculty, staff, and alumni from all over campus are creating their own Give to the Max Day fundraising projects to help Augsburg come in 1st place among all Minnesota colleges and universities.

There’s a project for everyone—from Chemistry to Volleyball and Wrestling, Medieval Studies to Campus Kitchens. Check out all the projects at givemn.org/auggiesgive. You can even indicate your giving plans and make sure you get it recorded on November 14, Give to the Max Day in Minnesota.

Great Giving to Class Challenges, including the Class of 2015

You have also heard about the Class Challenge effort led by co-chairs Wayne Jorgenson ’71 and Chris Ascher ’81. The goal is for every class to give at least $1 million to the college and the campaign. (As Wayne and Chris point out, with such a comprehensive and successful giving effort, the campaign for the CSBR will be complete!)

This effort is motivating so many great responses. Indeed, Chris and Wayne report that the classes of 1948-2015 have all contributed to the campaign! Of these, 43 classes have contributed at a $25,000 level or greater. This month the class of 1948 has joined the challenge with two $25,000 gifts.

Encouraging action today!

I appreciate the many ways Auggies are stepping forward. By adding their special contributions, in so many different ways, we are all making sure Augsburg students and faculty will experience a remarkable place for learning–a place designed to stimulate ideas and solutions to the challenges of a complex world.

Please contact me with any questions or suggestions, and to help you make your own gift to support Augsburg for a great future. I can be reached at goodm@augsburg.edu.

Sincerely,

Mike Good ’71
National Campaign Chair for the Center for Science, Business, and Religion