Bing tracking

Register for Parking

Semester/ Yearly Permit Registration

You can register for a semester, year-long, or temporary parking permit by logging into Augnet and clicking “Parking Services” in the “Augnet Services” menu. The first time you log in you will need to provide up to date vehicle info as well as your own contact info.

Register For Parking

Reminders for Everyone

Enforcement hours are 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

You will need to log on to Augnet to access online registration. If you do not have access to AugNet, or do not know your username/password, please contact IT at 612-330-1400.

You will need to be registered for classes, and be free of any holds on your account.

You will need a major credit card (Visa or Mastercard) to pay for your permit online. You will not be able to complete registration without it, and your permit will not be available for pickup until it is paid for. If you do not have access to a major credit card, you can pay in person at the dispatch window, located in the Urness/Mortenson lobby. You can pay with exact cash or with a check at the window.

You will need full vehicle information (license plate, make, model, year, and color) to complete the online registration.

All persons registering for a parking permit are responsible for submitting accurate personal and vehicle information.

After a parking permit has been given out, Public Safety will charge $30 for its replacement if lost. There are no refunds after 2 weeks of purchase.

Please be aware of the complete parking rules and regulations.

Using the online system for the first time

  1. Login to Augnet.
  2. Click on “Parking Services” below your name.
  3. Click on “Profile”, then fill out the registration information and submit it following the prompts on each page. Be sure to fully complete the address and cell phone areas.
  4. Once you’ve submitted the information, you’ll see three highlighted red options. Select “Register/Edit Your Vehicle.” On the next page that opens, click the blue “Add New Vehicle” button. Fill out your vehicle information in the box that pops up, then click the gray “Add New Vehicle” button.
  5. Click the small blue “P” button at the bottom of the page.
  6. Read the parking policies and click “I Agree.” On the next page, click the highlighted red text that lists the permit you want. If no red text appears, permits have been sold out or are not yet available.
  7. Review the information for accuracy on the page that pops up, then click the “Purchase this Permit” button at the bottom of the page.
  8. Finish the process on the next page by making your online payment — this is the only option for buying a permit. A Visa or Mastercard is required. Choose a payment method from the dropdown box, type in the cardholder’s name, then enter the card number, security code, and expiration date. IMPORTANT: Click “Submit Payment Information” ONLY ONCE. Tax is included in the purchase of parking permits.
  9. After a moment, a screen will appear and let you know when your payment has gone through. Print this page for your records. You’ve completed the online registration!
  10. Please wait at least two business days after registering, then pick up your permit from the Public Safety window. Please bring a photo ID.

**Before your registration date you should log into Parking Services and check your profile’s designation to make sure it is what you expect. Your “User Type” determines what type of permit you can register for. Your “User Type” will determine your FTE, your commuter, or resident status

If you are having issues with your “User Type”, please contact the following:

  • Faculty – wrong FTE? To change your FTE or find out more, please contact Nate Hallanger at 612-330-1674 or via email at
  • Staff – wrong FTE? To change your FTE or find out more, please contact Human Resources at 612-330-1058 or via email at
  • Temp/Stipened Staff: If you are encountering any issues, please contact DPS at 612-330-1717 or via email at
  • Students: To change your status between commuter and resident, please contact Residence Life at or your RHD.