Walking escorts on campus are available to the Augsburg community and its visitors 24/7/365. Along with walking escorts, the Department of Public Safety also offers vehicle escorts from “dusk until dawn”, if there is an articulable safety risk to the requestor, and/or in emergency situations. Throughout the year, campus community members may request a vehicle escort during the following times:
A.) June 21 – September 22 Hours of Operation: 9pm – 7am
B.) September 23 – December 20 Hours of Operation: 6pm – 7am
C.) December 21 – March 8 Hours of Operation: 4pm – 7am
D.) March 8 – June 20 Hours of Operation: 7pm – 7am
See the full list of approved Escort Locations
All requested escorts must have point of origin or destination on campus. The only exception to this would be in the event of a non-emergency transport to an authorized medical facility.
The Director of Public Safety or their designee may suspend escort operations due to inclement weather or an emergency or exigent circumstance.
*Due to COVID-19, the Department of Public Safety has suspended all vehicle escorts until further notice – walking escorts are still available and have been expanded to include the following off-campus locations:
- Fairview-Riverside and Fairview-Riverside Children’s Hospitals
- The People’s Center (20th Ave and Riverside Ave location)
Anyone requesting a walking escort must:
- Wear a mask at all times during the escort (DPS staff may provide a mask if the requestor does not have access to one)
- Keep at least 6 feet of distance at all times during the escort
- Inform DPS staff if they have a fever, shortness of breath, and/or a persistent cough
What we need from you:
When a University community member requests an escort, we will need a little information in order to get you where you need to go. The information that we need to assist you is:
A.) Name of the requestor.
B.) Contact information of the requesting party.
C.) Augsburg ID number (students), or Department of Employment (Faculty and Staff)
D.) Point of origin.
E.) Point of destination.
F.) Number of people in party.
G.) Any mobility issues.
Anyone requesting an escort shall adhere to the following requirements for service:
- The requesting party must be dressed appropriately for the weather.
- The requesting party must be at the intended pickup point at the time of their request.
- The requesting party must disclose any luggage or large items that they intend to bring with them during the escort.
The requesting party must be prepared to physically move or carry any luggage or large items in their possession. Each Public Safety Employee is instructed to not assist with the physical transfer of luggage or large items to and from the patrol vehicle.