International students applying to Augsburg College must submit the following:
- Augsburg College on-line application or the Common Application
- Official high school transcripts (must be accompanied by the English translation of the transcripts),
- One letter of academic recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (also must be translated into English),
- Proof of English language proficiency (accepted exams and minimum scores listed below).
While not required for admissions consideration international applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the following documents at their time of application. These documents are required in order to issue your I-20 if admitted to the College.
- Copy of your passport photo page
- Completed Certification of Finances form
- Official bank statement, current within 3 months showing funds of at least $30,000
Fall 2016: May 1 for international applicants applying from outside the U.S.
July 1 for international applicants applying from within the U.S.
Spring 2017: November 1 for international applicants applying from outside the U.S.
December 1 for international applicants applying from within the U.S.
English Language Requirements
All international applicants for admission to Augsburg College must meet the English language requirements outlined below:
TOEFL : minimum score of 80 on the internet- based test (iBT) or a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test (pBT).
IELTS : minimum overall score of 6.5 on the Academic test.
SAT : minimum score of 1030 on the Critical Reading and Writing sections.
ACT : minimum score of 22.
Conditional admissions is offered to academically qualified students who do not meet our minimum English language proficiency requirement. Students admitted conditionally will be adjusted to full admission upon meeting one of the following requirements:
- Global Language Institute- successful completion of the mastery level and faculty recommendation.
- Minnesota English Language Program-
- ELS- successful completion of level 112.
Check your Application Status
Receive updated information about your application and admission decision. Log in now.