To apply as a first-year applicant, please follow these steps towards becoming an Auggie:
- Complete the Augsburg College Application or the Common Application online
- Submit official high school transcripts (must be accompanied by the English translation of the transcripts)
- Submit one letter of academic recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (must also be translated into English)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (see accepted exams and minimum scores below)
Please note that high school transcripts and letter of recommendation must be sent directly (Email, Fax or Mail) to Augsburg College from the high school or high school official. Documents will be considered unofficial if sent from applicant.
While not required during the review process, international applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the following documents at their time of application. These documents are required in order to issue your Form I-20 if admitted.
- Copy of your passport photo page
- Completed Certification of Finances form
- Supporting documents such as official bank statement (current within 3 months showing funds of at least $30,000
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
All international applicants who are non-native English speakers, must submit one of the following in order to meet the English Proficiency Requirement for admission at Augsburg College:
- TOEFL : minimum score of 80 on the internet- based test (iBT) or a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test (pBT)
- IELTS : minimum overall score of 6.5
- SAT : minimum score of 570 on the NEW Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Sections (1030 on the Critical Reading and Writing Sections – OLD SAT)
- ACT : minimum score of 22 on the English and Reading sections
Applicants who attend secondary school where English is the primary language of instruction may have the proof of English proficiency requirement waived on a case by case basis. For additional information, please contact email@example.com
Note: Conditional Admission is only offered to academically qualified students who do not meet our minimum English language proficiency requirement at the time of the application review. Students admitted conditionally will be adjusted to full admission upon meeting one of the following requirements:
- Global Language Institute: Successful completion of the mastery level and faculty recommendation
- Minnesota English Language Program
- Successful completion of level ELS 112
- Meeting the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score as listed above
CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
Receive updated information about your application and admission decision. Log in now.