- Master’s degree in nursing from the national accredited institution of Commision on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Natioanl Leauge for Nursing Accreditng Commission (NLNAC)
- Current unencumbered RN license to practice in the U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 grading scale in master’s program.
- Evidence of a completed graduate-level research course
- Previous professional practice experience preferred
DNP students can start the program each fall. Applications will be considered through June or until the class is full. Space is limited, so early application is recommended to be considered for fall entry. To be considered for the first round of interviews, your application must be completed by March 15.
Begin the process by applying online. If you prefer a paper application, please contact email@example.com
- Completed application form
- $50 application form (waived if apply on-line)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly to Augsburg. Applicants with a college or university degree completed outside the United States must submit an official evaluation form World Education Services .
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Evidence of HIPAA training within the last two years
- Three professional references. The new application software will send an email asking each individiual to complete the online recommendation form and upload their letter of recommendation to the Augsburg Graduate Admissions Office.
- Completed and signed Immunization Form
- Statement describing practice (clinical) hours completed in a nationally accredited graduate nursing program. (A maximum of 600 practice hours will be accepted in the DNP Portfolio)
- Three page typed double spaced essay demonstrating ability to write in a thoughtful, coherent manner. Respond to this excerpt from Wendell Berry’s essay, “Health in Membership.”
“I believe that the community—in the fullest sense: a place and all its creatures—is the smallest unit of health and that to speak of the health of an isolated individual is a contradiction in terms.”
Items can be attached to the application or sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org .