DNP – Transcultural Nursing Leadership trackSTART YOUR APPLICATION
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Current unencumbered RN license to practice in the U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 grading scale in a master’s in nursing program.
- Evidence of a completed graduate-level research course.
- Evidence of up-to-date immunizations.
- Satisfactory results of a certified federal criminal background check.
DNP students can start the program each fall.
Applications will be considered through July for a Fall entry Space is limited, so early application is recommended. The priority deadline is May 15.
Decisions about admission to the program will be made on an individual basis. Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of an evaluation of the following items for each applicant:
- Completed Online Application.
- Essay: 2-3 page typed double spaced essay demonstrating ability to write in a thoughtful, coherent manner. Respond to this excerpt from Wendell Berry’s essay, “Health is Membership.” “I believe that the community—in the fullest sense: a place and all its creatures—is the smallest unit of health and that to speak of the health of an isolated individual is a contradiction in terms.”
- (3) Professional Letters of Reference: Letters of reference from individuals that can give an assessment of your professional and/or academic abilities.
- Personal Interview with Augsburg Nursing Faculty: After the initial review of the application, your admissions counselor will notify you if you are invited to interview.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume): A resume or curriculum vitae of education, work experience and professional association/publications
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit an official transcript(s) from each institution where a degree was earned, as well as from the most recently attended institution, if not the same.
- Military veterans are required to submit all official transcripts from previously attended institutions to qualify for military benefits.
- In the case where prerequisite requirements exist or transfer credits or waivers are sought, official transcripts are required from institutions at which the prerequisites or equivalents were completed.
- The Program Director may ask for additional transcripts if determined to be necessary.
International Transcripts: Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States. The evaluation report should be sent directly to the program to which you are applying. Evaluations can be accepted from World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.
Requesting Transcripts: You may request your official transcripts from your past institutes of higher learning and send them to Augsburg University by mail or electronic transfer.
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
By electronic transfer:
Augsburg University uses Scrip-Safe, Docufide/Parchment as official transfer services. If you wish to use a different transfer service, please call 612-330-1101 to check on the feasibility of other options. Please send documents email@example.com.
Statement of Practice Hours
A statement describing practice (clinical) hours completed in a nationally accredited graduate nursing program. (A maximum of 600 practice hours will be accepted in the DNP Portfolio)
Items can be attached to the application or sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.