Since 2004, five Augsburg teacher-education graduates have received the prestigious Milken Award, which provides public recognition and financial awards to elementary and secondary education professionals who further excellence in education.
The Milken Family Foundation has been recognizing teachers and principals around the country for 20 years for their effectiveness in the classroom, accomplishments outside the classroom, leadership, and the ability to inspire students, teachers, and the community.
Read about our outstanding Auggie teachers and Milken Award recipients:
- Stephen Abenth ’04 (2012 recipient) — StarTribune article | YouTube video from Highland Park Elementary
- Kelly Woods ’98 (2008 recipient)
- Tracey Cross ’01 (2008 recipient)
- Jacki Brickman ’97 (2006 recipient)
- Maggie Knutson ’91 (2004 recipient) — Read about Maggie on page 18 of the Spring 2006 issue of Augsburg Now