Oren Gateway Center is a multi-purpose building of 118,000 square feet of living, working, studying, eating, and meeting space, and was designed by BWBR Architects in St. Paul (who also designed Lindell Library). Oren Gateway is Augsburg’s “front door”—a 180-degree realignment from the early 1900s when Old Main welcomed a neighborhood from which it was later separated with the construction of Interstate 94. Oren Gateway residential spaces provide trendy flats/condo housing for 106 students with underground parking.
The building design has been carried out in conjunction with energy efficiency and environmental responsibility from the beginning. Work with an energy consulting group has helped the building meet strict State of Minnesota energy standards. On the outside, with bio-retention in mind, its landscaping design captures and filters much of the storm sewer run-off.
OGC Substance-Free Agreement and StepUP
The residential portion of Oren Gateway is a place free of alcohol and illegal drugs. Oren Gateway residents and their guests may not use or possess alcohol or illegal drugs while in Oren Gateway. If an Oren Gateway resident or guest chooses to use such substances outside of Oren Gateway, the results of that choice may not have a negative impact on the residents or property upon return to Oren Gateway. Residents and their guests may not cause a disruption in Oren Gateway because they used substances elsewhere. Violation of this policy may result in reassignment to other available college housing outside of Oren Gateway.
The StepUP Program at Augsburg College strives to help students champion lives of recovery, achieve academic success, and thrive in a community of accountability and support.
StepUP students, sign up for housing here.
- Variety of housing styles
- The newest residence hall on campus
- Full kitchen with dishwasher, cabinet space, full size oven and stovetop, full size refrigerator, and microwave
- Dresser, desk, and desk chair per person
- Full bath (in some styles, more than one)
- Living room, with individual bedrooms and bathrooms
- Wi-Fi and ethernet connection
- Air Conditioning (controlled within each apartment)
- Connected to Nabo Cafe (freshly prepared food and beverages), Barnes & Noble bookstore, meeting rooms, classrooms, Lindell Library, Military and Veterans Support Services office, and StepUP Office
- Vending machines on each floor
- Free laundry with smartphone monitoring and tracking
- Kitty corner to Jimmy John’s
- 24-hour maintenance support
- Underground parking and nearby outdoor parking
- Connected to extensive tunnel system (most classrooms, offices, dining services, etc.)
Residence Hall Director