COVID-19 RESPONSE: MODIFIED OPERATIONS – Fall 2020
- CLASS staff are hosting virtual appointments through Zoom.
- To request accommodations as a new student or a returning student, follow the links on the left-hand side of the page.
- To view our update testing procedures for Fall 2020 visit our Exam Scheduling page for more information.
CLASS Resources for Distance Learning:
Please review the following resources from the CLASS Office related to strategies and tips for students working from home and how to create a distraction-free testing environment at home. These resources are available in both a PDF and a Word format:
- Working from Home: Strategies and Tips PDF
- Working from Home: Strategies and Tips Word
- Distraction-Free Testing At Home PDF
- Distraction-Free Testing At Home Word
CLASS promotes access and inclusion for students with disabilities by partnering with the campus community to provide accommodations, resources, and education.
The CLASS staff includes a Director, Disability Specialists, and an Assistive Technology & Accommodations Specialist, all experienced in serving students with disabilities. CLASS also employs many student workers, some of whom receive CLASS support.
If you have ADHD, a mental health disability, a learning disability, a physical/sensory impairment, a chronic health condition, are on the autism spectrum, or have another disability, the CLASS office can provide you with reasonable accommodations and support.
Disability Specialists provide:
- Determination of appropriate accommodations
- Individual support
- Instruction in learning strategies
- Help with time management and organizational skills
- Assistance with course selection
Accommodations may include:
- Alternative testing (extended time, limited distraction)
- Assistive technology
- Alternative format textbooks and course materials
- Notetaking support
- Housing accommodations
- Classroom accommodations
Some examples of disabilities:
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychiatric Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Head Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury
- Physical Disabilities and Systemic Illnesses
- Deafness/Hearing Impairment
- Blindness/Low Vision
- Disabilities that are sporadic or degenerative in nature
- Temporary conditions