HOW INSTRUCTORS ARE NOTIFIED ABOUT A STUDENT DISABILITY
Disability Specialists will email you notifying you of a student’s approved accommodations and the email will be copied to the student. It is a student’s decision and responsibility whether or not to disclose a disability, but academic accommodations will not be provided through the disability resources offices without the instructor having been notified.
2020-2021 CLASS OFFICE/GROVES LAB TESTING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- The Groves lab is not offering in-person exams until further notice.
- Students can still schedule testing accommodations for remote proctoring through our office.
- If a student schedules testing accommodations for remote proctoring, please complete the testing contract (instructions below) to ensure we know the parameters of the exam/quiz.
- If students need a quiet space to test on campus for exams, private learning spaces are also available throughout campus:
- If you are hosting a timed exam/quiz on Moodle, please update the time allotted for students with extra time as a testing accommodation. Your Liaison for Computing (LFC) can assist with this.
Please review the official CLASS Office/Groves Lab Testing Policies and Procedures for more information about the testing process.
If exam accommodations have been approved for a student, the notification letter you receive will have a link to a testing contract you should complete to let us know how tests should be proctored, what materials are allowed during testing, and how tests should be returned to you when finished. You will only need to complete one testing contract per course section, even if there are multiple students with disabilities and multiple exams in the course.
It is important for you to complete the testing contract as soon as possible after you receive the accommodation notification email.
Please do not hesitate to contact the CLASS Office if you have any questions about this process. We appreciate the ways you partner with us to provide equal opportunities for Augsburg students with disabilities.
Need Help Filling Out a Testing Contract?
Watch this video showing you how to fill out a testing contract: YouTube Tutorial for Filling Out a Faculty Testing Contract
Taking Tests in the Groves Lab (CLASS)
- If a student is caught violating the University-wide academic honesty policies, testing is stopped immediately, and the instructor is notified of the circumstances.
- Usually, students complete each test in one block of time; however, short breaks are allowed under the proctor’s supervision.
- If necessary, students may ask the instructor’s permission to schedule a test earlier or later in the day in order to allow time to finish the test without conflicting with another class.