Requesting Accommodations for Returning Students
Students who work with the CLASS Office will need to request their accommodations each semester. Students can reach out to their disability specialist for assistance or refer to the following instructions. The CLASS Office will not notify your instructors of your accommodations until you have requested them for the semester.
For Returning CLASS Students (already have accommodation eligibilities)
- Login to Inside Augsburg.
- Follow the link listed to access your accommodation information page: https://olympic.accessiblelearning.com/augsburg/
- Scroll down until you see Select Accommodations for Your Class.
- Select your classes for which you’ll need accommodations and click Step 2 – Customize Your Accommodations.
- Select accommodations for each class then click Submit.
For Students New to CLASS (have not yet met with CLASS)
To request accommodations, you first need to meet with a Disability Specialist:
- Schedule an appointment with a Disability Specialist in the CLASS Office:
- Meet with the Disability Specialist to discuss the impact of the disability in the Augsburg environment.
- Provide documentation of your disability. Documentation should be from an appropriate professional, such as a doctor, psychologist, licensed therapist, psychiatrist, etc. Documentation should include:
- Impact of the disability within the Augsburg environment.
- Recommendations for academic adjustments or accommodations.
Notifying Professors of Accommodations
You officially disclose that you have a disability through the Professor Notification email. This email confirms your connection with CLASS and indicates which accommodations you are eligible to receive for each specific course. When you connect with your Specialist, they will email notification letters to your professors for every course in which you plan to use accommodations. You will also get a copy emailed to you.
You need to connect with your Specialist before you can submit any exam requests.