Bing tracking

Study Abroad

Study Abroad/Away and CLASS Partnership

The CLASS Office and the Center for Global Experience and Education (CGEE) work in collaboration to facilitate a high quality study abroad experience before and during your time abroad. You will receive support from your disability specialist and CGEE staff if you request accommodations.

Requesting Accommodations for Study Abroad/Away

  1. Schedule a meeting with a CLASS Disability Specialist as far in advance as possible. 
  2. Meet with your Disability Specialist to discuss questions or concerns about the possible impact your disability could have in a study abroad location. These meetings are a time to come up with an advocacy plan to ensure that your experience is suited to your needs. CGEE staff can also attend meetings to help think through the on-site environment and provide support.
  3. Your CLASS specialist will communicate with CGEE and your study abroad location site to request accommodations and connect you with the right people while being abroad. You may be required to submit information directly to your study abroad site if they have disability services. 

More Resources

Access the Augsburg study abroad website for information and resources on accessibility and mental health while being abroad.