National Center for Women & Information Tech
If you are a women currently pursuing a computer science degree, or if you would like to find out what options and resources are available for women in the IT field, check out the NCWIT.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
The National Science Foundation (NSF) offers a variety of scholarships and fellowships for both undergraduate and graduate STEM students. Some of the programs available include:
- American Indian College Fund
- EPA Fellowships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship Opportunities
- Graduate Women in Sciences (GWIS)
- NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program
The complete NSF Programs website lists over 50 scholarship and fellowship opportunities.
Youth Organization Umbrella
Youth Organization Umbrella (Y.O.U.) is a Chicagoland non-profit that empowers over 1,000 low-income youth annually to realize their full potential. Y.O.U. is seeking applicants for its Summer 2014 Inspire Fellows Program. Inspire Fellows serve as workshop leaders and counselors for our high-quality, 9-week summer learning program. Fellows are chosen to develop and facilitate specific workshops in one area such as the arts, literature, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), or health and fitness. This programs includes a $1,000 stipend.
TRIO McNair Scholars Program
The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair Scholars) purpose is to prepare students from segments of society now underrepresented in graduate studies for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities. The Augsburg McNair Scholars Program provides service to 25 students per year preparing them for graduate school through specialized coursework, faculty collaboration, preparation for the graduate school entrance exam (GRE), financial aid assistance, and academic advising.
- Research stipend
- Stipend for living on campus
- Funding for presenting at a national conference
URGO Summer Research Program
URGO Summer Research is a 10-week, on-campus program where students are funded to join a faculty member’s on going research/creative line or carry out an individually-designed project.
- $4,000 research stipend
- Weekly seminars led by faculty
- Present at Augsburg’s Summer Research Conference
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP)
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The program offers:
- Scholarship support
- Paid research training at the NIH during the summer
- Paid employment and training at the NIH after graduationScholarship support: The NIH UGSP will pay up to $20,000 per academic year in tuition, educational expenses, and reasonable living expenses to scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded for 1 year, and can be renewed up to 4 years.
University of Minnesota’s Center for Sustainable Polymers REU
- $6,500 research stipend
- Stipend for U of M housing
- Present at the Center for Sustainable Polymers
UMN’s Sustainable Land and Water Resources REU
- Provides transportation, food, and housing plus a stipend to all participants
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in civil engineering, geosciences, ecology, mathematics, or related fields
- Application Information
CBCF General Mills Health Scholarship
- $2,500 scholarship
- For students with financial need who plan to enter the field of medicine, engineering, technology, nutrition or other health-related field.
- Preference given to African-American students.
SciTech STEM Internships
- Must be a Minnesota student
- Business partners receive up to 50% of the interns wages ($2,500 max.)
- Connects college students with hands-on opportunities in Minnesota businesses
Breakthrough St.Paul Teaching Internships
Breakthrough Twin Cities helps motivated students overcome adversity to prepare for college with the support of older students passionate about education. Breakthrough’s teaching internship has been rated in the top 10 of college internships nationally by The Princeton Review.
Great Minds in STEM – Hispanic Students
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Recipients MUST attend the upcoming HENAAC Conference to receive the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be presented at the conference alongside the sponsor. The 2014 HENAAC Conference will be held in New Orleans, from October 2-4, 2014
MHTA Foundation STEM Scholarships
- Scholarships are offered to help Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines work toward their degrees. These awards range from $2,500 – $5,000 and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution
- Deadline for application is April 1, 2014
Great Lakes National Scholarship Program
Great Lakes National Scholarship Program is offering $2,500 scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students enrolling in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) programs. Up to 750 awards will be granted to qualified students from across the country. Application information available after February 15th.
TECBio REU at the University of Pittsburgh
- Training and experimentation in Computational Biology
- Application closes on March 2nd, 2014
SMART Scholarship: Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation
- Program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories
- U.S Citizen
- Minimum GPA 3.0
UMN Summer Institute in Bio statistics
- 6 week program
- All expenses paid
- Priority given to students with Sophomore or Junior status
URGO’s Off-Campus Research List
This is a database that you can search to find off-campus research opportunities.