TRIO McNair Scholars Program
The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair Scholars) purpose is to prepare students from segments of society now underrepresented in graduate studies for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities. The Augsburg McNair Scholars Program provides service to 25 students per year preparing them for graduate school through specialized coursework, faculty collaboration, preparation for the graduate school entrance exam (GRE), financial aid assistance, and academic advising.
- Research stipend
- Stipend for living on campus
- Funding for presenting at a national conference
MHTA Foundation STEM Scholarships
- Scholarships are offered to help Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines work toward their degrees. These awards range from $2,500 – $5,000 and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution
- Deadline for application is April 1, 2014
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
The National Science Foundation (NSF) offers a variety of scholarships and fellowships for both undergraduate and graduate STEM students. Some of the programs available include:
- American Indian College Fund
- EPA Fellowships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship Opportunities
- Graduate Women in Sciences (GWIS)
- NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program
The complete NSF Programs website lists over 50 scholarship and fellowship opportunities.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP)
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The program offers:
- Scholarship support
- Paid research training at the NIH during the summer
- Paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation Scholarship support: The NIH UGSP will pay up to $20,000 per academic year in tuition, educational expenses, and reasonable living expenses to scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded for 1 year, and can be renewed up to 4 years.
Great Minds in STEM – Hispanic Students
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Recipients MUST attend the upcoming HENAAC Conference to receive the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be presented at the conference alongside the sponsor. The 2017 HENAAC Conference will be held in Pasadena, CA from October 18 – 22, 2017
National Center for Women & Information Tech
If you are a women currently pursuing a computer science degree, or if you would like to find out what options and resources are available for women in the IT field, check out the NCWIT.
SMART Scholarship: Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation
- Program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories
- U.S Citizen
- Minimum GPA 3.0