Applications for the 2020-2021 NASA Space Grant Undergraduate Scholarship Program at Augsburg University are now closed.
Application deadline: Monday, February 15, 2021
What is the NASA Space Grant Scholarship at Augsburg University?
This scholarship program supports the advancement of academically focused undergraduates seeking professional careers in the natural sciences, especially space physics and engineering, mathematics, and science/mathematics education.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America. (Permanent residents are not eligible to apply).
- Be a full-time student (Spring 2021) in good standing at Augsburg.
- Have completed and submitted the scholarship application packet (see below) by Monday, Feb. 15, 2021.
Who should apply?
Strong candidates for the grant will be students who…
- Are a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior majoring in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Pre-Engineering, or Mathematics/Science Education.
- Can demonstrate strong academic performance and leadership within their major area.
- Show an interest in contributing to NASA’s mission.
Academic performance and promise in STEM and diversity are the primary factors considered in awarding these scholarships.
Students from traditionally underrepresented groups in science and mathematics fields are especially encouraged to apply. No applicant shall be denied consideration based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or ability.
This competitive program awards up to 6 scholarships for Spring Semester, 2021 (totaling $8000), in the following areas:
- Emerging Scholarship (Sophomore-Junior). Scholarships of $1000 to encourage students whose course of study shows progress in meeting the criteria of this scholarship program.
- Enhanced Scholarship (Sophomore-Senior). Scholarships of $2000 to support students who have shown considerable progress in meeting the criteria of this scholarship program.
How to apply:
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Read the NASA Scholarship Cover Letter.
- Complete the Student Information Form and Application Form.
- Arrange to have a letter of reference provided on your behalf. You may share the Letter of Reference Form with your reference.
Please note, if you need this information in alternative form, please contact STEM programs at email@example.com
Applicants will not be considered unless all requested information is complete. Scholarship materials must be submitted by Monday, February 15, 2021 to be considered by the NASA Undergraduate Scholarship Committee at Augsburg.
Contact: Dr. Ben Stottrup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence can be mailed to: NASA Space Grant Program, Augsburg University, Campus Box 135, 2211 Riverside Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55454.