The StepUP Program Mission Statement
The StepUP Program at Augsburg College strives to help students champion lives
of recovery, achieve academic success, and thrive in a community of accountability and support.
The culture of StepUP is shaped by its values, which emphasizes recovery based on spirituality and the 12-step model. Students find personal responsibility, integrity, and living a balanced life to be invaluable qualities.
Educational success is strongly supported and encouraged, along with giving back through service to others. Students find themselves thriving in a community that is an alcohol and drug-free environment; which further encourages the development of healthy minds, bodies, spirits, and emotions.
- A 17-year-old program built on evidence-based and proven techniques, with highly-successful outcomes
- Staff who are experienced, knowledgeable, licensed counselors
- Students who are excited about making a difference through service
- StepUP serves more than 100 students annually (more than 650 since its inception) and is the largest residential collegiate recovery program in the country.
- StepUP students’ average GPA is 3.20 (of 4.0).
- StepUP abstinence rate has averaged 93%.
- There is no additional cost for students to participate in the StepUP program.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul is a high-density location for 12-step support meetings.