How to Apply
The process begins by completing the Interview Form and StepUP Recommendation Form. Once completed, submit the forms to the StepUP office in person, fax, or scan and email to Tim Brustad.
Contact: Tim Brustad
Office Location: Oren Gateway 204
To become enrolled in the StepUP Program prospective students must apply to both Augsburg College and the StepUP Program. The StepUP Program seeks men and women that are dedicated to recovery and academics and meet the following qualifications:
- Complete an Interview Form and schedule an in-person screening interview with a StepUP counselor
- Agreement to reside within the StepUP Program flats or apartments on campus
- Satisfactory and positive written recommendation by the applicant’s most recent treatment, halfway house counselor, or a person intimately familiar with their recovery program, outlining the recommended continuing care plan
- A commitment to sobriety as evidenced by working a healthy recovery program and having at least 6 months of continuous sobriety
- Agreement to abide by the StepUP Student Agreement while enrolled in the StepUP Program
- Age typically between 17 and 26
Selection of students for Augsburg College is based upon careful consideration of each candidate’s academic achievement, personal qualities and interests, participation in activities and employment, and potential for development as a student and as a graduate of Augsburg College. The College selects students on individual merit without regard to race, creed, disability, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual, or affectional orientation, or age. For information, please visit the Augsburg College Admissions page.
If you have questions, wish to set up an interview, and/or go on a tour of our facilities please contact Tim Brustad at 612-330-1409 or firstname.lastname@example.org