To become enrolled in the StepUP Program, prospective students must apply to both Augsburg University and the StepUP Program.
StepUP Program Requirements
The StepUP Program seeks prospective students that are dedicated to recovery and academics and meet the following qualifications:
- A commitment to sobriety as evidenced by working a healthy recovery program and having at least 6 months of continuous sobriety.
- Agreement to abide by the StepUP Student Agreement while enrolled in the StepUP Program.
- Age typically between 17 and 26.
Augsburg University Admissions
Selection of students for Augsburg University is based upon careful consideration of each candidate’s academic achievement, personal qualities and interests, participation in activities and employment, and potential for development as a student and as a graduate of Augsburg University. The University selects students on individual merit without regard to race, creed, disability, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, or age. For information about Augsburg University admissions, please contact the admissions coordinator for StepUP, Brian Turk.
Contact: Brian Turk
Office Location: Christensen Center Lower Level Admissions Suite
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to submitting an application to Augsburg University online, prospective students must submit the materials listed below.
StepUP Application Checklist:
- Complete an Interview Form and essay.
- Procure a satisfactory and positive written recommendation the your most recent treatment or halfway house counselor, therapist, or any person intimately familiar with your recovery program, outlining the recommended continuing care plan – please see form below.
- Request a discharge summary from your most recent treatment program or after-care program. Many institutions can quickly fax over any records you need.
- Once your Interview Form, essay, recommendation, and discharge summary have been submitted to the StepUP office, schedule an in-person screening interview with a StepUP counselor.
Before you submit your application, please review the program requirements, and read the Frequently Asked Questions.
The following documents are PDF files. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not have it already to view these forms.
- Interview Form
- Recommendation Form
- Student Agreement Form – Completed on the first day at StepUP. (You do not need to send this to us, but please review it.)
The Interview Form, the Recommendation Form, and the discharge summary must be submitted to the StepUP office by fax, by mail, or in person, for confidentiality purposes.
Office Location: Oren Gateway Center 204
Mailing Address: Campus Box 82
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454
If you have general questions about the process, please contact us at (612)-330-1405 or email@example.com.