EAST Scholarship is currently accepting applications! Please read below for more details.
Program for East African future teachers
Augsburg College’s Education Department is a recipient of the Minnesota legislature’s generous Collaborative Urban Educator (CUE) funding. The CUE program’s purpose is to increase the diversity of the teacher workforce in Minnesota. Our program specifically targets East African future teachers: East African Student to Teacher (EAST). The goal of the program is to recruit, retain, and license highly qualified students who wish to become K-12 teachers. EAST covers tuition costs towards initial licensure. Award amount will vary based on degree sought and are decided on an individual basis.
View EAST scholar profiles HERE.
We are excited to announce we are accepting applications for the 2015-2016 EAST scholarship!
Applications are due by August 1, 2015.
If you have not already applied to Augsburg College, your first step is to apply through our admissions department.
- If you do not have an undergraduate degree and want to transfer, click HERE.
- If you already have an undergraduate degree, click HERE.
Once you are admitted to the college, then click on this LINK to complete your EAST application.
To be eligible to apply for an EAST scholarship, you must be:
- Already admitted as an undergraduate or a graduate student by July 1st.
- If you are an undergraduate, you must have completed at least 2 years of transferrable credit
- Of East African descent and multilingual (preferred)
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident and eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experienced in working with children and youth
If you are awarded an EAST scholarship, you must:
- Take the MTLE Basic Skills exams before October 15, 2015
- Attend our bi-monthly meetings and individual advising meetings and, keep in close communication with all Education department faculty and staff
- Maintain a 3.0 each semester
- Commit to teach in Minnesota for at least 2 years after licensure
EAST awards will be announced on August 7, 2015.
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-330-1345